cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvg80249 - AP 3700 cannot get complete core file in flash due to memory too low

My environment consists of about 265 of the 3702i model which is impacted by this bug. (see below)

Is there an easy way to issue this type of command globally?  During the pre-download portion of the WLC upgrade, can you also define where to download to and set boot from?

Symptom:
AP can't get complete core file due low internal memory, AP needs to have ability to clean unneeded file in flash memory. Normal core file is 14MB, but flash memory only has 10MB due to unnecessary files.

Conditions:
Normal use

Workaround:
use follow CLI to write core file directly to TFTP instead of flash:
conf t
# boot radio-core-tftp

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Details of the Bug ID shows this is affected on 8.5.107.X. I've used this firmware version before and I would recommend anyone to stay away from 8.5.105.X and 8.5.107.X firmware because it is very unstable.

I pulled this bug from the Open Caveats section of 8.5.120.0 release notes. It does not say it impacts 8.5.120 but it also does not say it was resolved in the new release. From some involved reading 8.5.120 fixes all of my current bugs/workarounds (8.2.161) without causing new bugs aside from this one and one kernel panic bug for 3800s which I can tolerate. Do you have experience with 8.5.120?

@ifritch.fritchy1 wrote:
I pulled this bug from the Open Caveats section of 8.5.120.0 release notes. It does not say it impacts 8.5.120 but it also does not say it was resolved in the new release. From some involved reading 8.5.120 fixes all of my current bugs/workarounds (8.2.161) without causing new bugs aside from this one and one kernel panic bug for 3800s which I can tolerate. Do you have experience with 8.5.120?

I am currently on 8.5.110.0 and waiting for 8.5MR3.

All I can say is take whatever info is found in Bug IDs with a ton of salt.  Your best bet is to raise a TAC case and get the most-definitely answer that way.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: