cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvi24387 - WLC 8.5.120.0 wireless client disconnects from WLAN, AP stop sending/receiving client data

knoesej
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just want to find out if this bug is also valid on the Cisco 3504 controllers. We have two Cisco 3504 controllers in a HA pair for our HO. Clients randomly gets disconnected from the network, Signal on machine shows 5 bars but have an exclamation mark on. The controllers indicated that the client is still connected, but I cannot ping the client machine. We have Cisco AIR-AP2802I-E-K9 Access points throughot the building.

4 Replies 4

Hi, for few clarifications,
Can you check whether client getting correct IP from DHCP? Or is it static?

If ita getting correct IP, can you ping the gateway?

Also, because this is software bug, it can affect all platforms with it.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun,

Thanks for replying,

Client has correct DHCP IP, they cannot ping their gateway though. If I check the client machine, it does not seem that they got another DHCP IP as it is still withing the 24Hr Lease set. As part of another change we had on the weekend, I moved the DHCP from the Controller to the corporate DHCP servers. 

I have disable "Client Exclusion" on the SSID, so far did not have any issues, will monitor the situation as this happens very intermittent.

that is good to hear.. keep up date.
Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Hi Kasun,

Seems that disabling client exclusion did the trick, did not have any other issues further.

Thanks for the advice.