cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvj17640 - Local webauth getting 405 not allowed error after Chrome and Firefox update

BRANDON PORTER
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone else run into this bug impact Android devices and Chrome/Firefox users when accessing custom web authentication enabled SSID users causing them not to be able to redirect to external web site?

From the early bug write up only 9 related cases, just looking for any workarounds or alternatives. Should know later today if our administration will approve disabling custom web authentication until issue is resolved.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Young
Level 1
Level 1

Workaround:  Verify that your login.html has the onload="loadAction();" present in your body tag.  Whatever is there already can stay, just add the onload like below.

<body onload="loadAction();>

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Wes Young
Level 1
Level 1

Workaround:  Verify that your login.html has the onload="loadAction();" present in your body tag.  Whatever is there already can stay, just add the onload like below.

<body onload="loadAction();>

Bell26
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I had the same problem with a virtual WLC. First with the version 8.3.102.0, then i made an update to 8.5.120.0 but with no success.

The authentication with Chrome or FF (on Android Devices or PC) wasn't possible. IOS device were able to autheticate properly. The solution for my Problem was following line in the <script> area of the html File;

document.forms[0].action = args.switch_url;

this code is stored in the loadAction function and was commented out, when i first got the bundle from cisco.

the whole function looks like this:

function loadAction(){
    var url = window.location.href;
    var args = new Object();
    var query = location.search.substring(1);
    var pairs = query.split("&");
    for(var i=0;i<pairs.length;i++){
        var pos = pairs[i].indexOf('=');
        if(pos == -1) continue;
        var argname = pairs[i].substring(0,pos);
        var value = pairs[i].substring(pos+1);
        args[argname] = unescape(value);
    }
    //alert( "AP MAC Address is " + args.ap_mac);
    //alert( "The Switch URL to post user credentials is " + args.switch_url);
    document.forms[0].action = args.switch_url;

// This is the status code returned from webauth login action
    // Any value of status code from 1 to 5 is error condition and user
    // should be shown error as below or modify the message as it suits
    // the customer
    if(args.statusCode == 1){
        alert("You are already logged in. No further action is required on your part.");
    }
    else if(args.statusCode == 2){
        alert("You are not configured to authenticate against web portal. No further action is required on your part.");
    }
    else if(args.statusCode == 3){
        alert("The username specified cannot be used at this time. Perhaps the username is already logged into the system?");
    }
    else if(args.statusCode == 4){
        alert("The User has been excluded. Please contact the administrator.");
    }
    else if(args.statusCode == 5){
        alert("Username or password is wrong. Please try again.");
    }
}

Hope this helps anyone, if you're suffering of the same problem

did you deleted that line from script?

No, i did not delete this line. It was commented out. As i removed the comment (added the line to the code) everything worked for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: