cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvm10640 - Day0- NSP fails during byod flow on Android 9 BETA - 1

Louis Gonzales
Level 1
Level 1

Issue is also affecting the new Pixel 3 and 3 XL phones as they are shipped with Android 9.  Android 9 devices are not able to download the need profiles through either Single SSID or Dual SSID BYOD environments.

3 Replies 3

Mark Hamilton
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing the same issue on our network. We are running ISE 2.4 (Patch 3) in a BYOD environment so speedy support of new operating systems is crucial.

Why are Cisco always late to support major operating system updates? Android 9 was released on 6 August 2018 and we still do not have support for this OS in ISE. We have the same issue with macOS Mojave.

Louis Gonzales
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone heard anything from Cisco on when they will have a fix for this?  I see in the bug description that their workaround is to downgrade to Android 8 but on my Pixel 3 I don't have an option to downgrade since it's not the BETA version. 

I received a response from Cisco TAC:

"Support for Android 8 and 9 is expected to be released along with version 2.5. The development team working on ISE 2.5 is simultaneously working on releasing fix for Android 9 too.

There is also a certificate level behaviour change that has been found on Android 9 – “Not accepting certificates if SAN field is having IP Address”. 
Feed update will not fix any OS behavioural changes. 

Hence, we are expecting a fix for these bugs along with ISE 2.5 release."

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: