cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvm10640 - Day0- NSP fails during byod flow on Android 9 BETA - 1

Louis Gonzales
Level 1
Level 1

Issue is also affecting the new Pixel 3 and 3 XL phones as they are shipped with Android 9.  Android 9 devices are not able to download the need profiles through either Single SSID or Dual SSID BYOD environments.

3 Replies 3

Mark Hamilton
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing the same issue on our network. We are running ISE 2.4 (Patch 3) in a BYOD environment so speedy support of new operating systems is crucial.

Why are Cisco always late to support major operating system updates? Android 9 was released on 6 August 2018 and we still do not have support for this OS in ISE. We have the same issue with macOS Mojave.

Louis Gonzales
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone heard anything from Cisco on when they will have a fix for this?  I see in the bug description that their workaround is to downgrade to Android 8 but on my Pixel 3 I don't have an option to downgrade since it's not the BETA version. 

I received a response from Cisco TAC:

"Support for Android 8 and 9 is expected to be released along with version 2.5. The development team working on ISE 2.5 is simultaneously working on releasing fix for Android 9 too.

There is also a certificate level behaviour change that has been found on Android 9 – “Not accepting certificates if SAN field is having IP Address”. 
Feed update will not fix any OS behavioural changes. 

Hence, we are expecting a fix for these bugs along with ISE 2.5 release."