cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvm77197 - C9300 percentIOSXE-2-PLATFORM: Switch 1 R0/0: kernel: EXT2-fs (sda1): error:

Just curious if anyone has heard anything from Cisco Engineering about whether the recommended release for 9300 series switches is impacted by this bug?  The known affected release happens to be the next minor release after the recommended.  I can confirm we've hit it in 16.8.1a as well. 

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.
9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My recommendation is to raise a TAC Case.
Bug IDs are rarely updated.

I've already been through a TAC case, they closed it with no good info on when to expect a fix.  Just curious if anybody else had experienced and possibly found a version of code that wasn't impacted.

If this posts answers your question or is helpful, please consider rating it and/or marking as answered.

bump

@Christopher Bell wrote:

I've already been through a TAC case, they closed it with no good info on when to expect a fix.  

1.  Raise another TAC Case.  Maybe the TAC engineered "reached out" to the developers the wrong way. 

2.  Talk to your AM/SE about the new TAC Case.

HOLGER ALIX
Level 1
Level 1

Old bug - but just found one of my switches as affected, C9300 with 16.9.3 
Bug Description "known fixed versions" is obvious not correct, my 16.9.3 is listet there as fixed.... 

andrewlow
Level 1
Level 1

Also having the issue in 16.12.5b which is listed under "known fixed versions"

Please stop using 16.12.X.  

Either downgrade to latest 16.6.X or upgrade to the latest 17.6.X.  

Care to share why 16.12.x should be avoided?

@andrewlow wrote:
Care to share why 16.12.x should be avoided?

I'll do one better:  Show-n-Tell

3850 (4 x switches), Firmware version:  16.12.4, Uptime:  1y43w4d3850 (4 x switches), Firmware version: 16.12.4, Uptime: 1y43w4d9300, IOS-XE version 16.12.49300, IOS-XE version 16.12.43850 stack, 16.12.63850 stack, 16.12.6

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: