cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvn28943 - Device got stuck with the error "Nested exception_rom_monitor call "

michanna
Level 1
Level 1

I have an out of the box 2960L-SM-24PS and I am experiencing a system lockup with "Nested exception_rom_monitor call (72016625 times)". Rebooting the switch is the only recourse. It seems this is brand new code as the version I am running, 15.2.6E2b, is the only version available for download and dates from November of last year. Anyone know of plans to release a new version of IOS for this switch?

Michael

2 Replies 2

Hi , 

anyone know how to solve this issue? I have exactly the same issue, and no further help is provided, really get stuck. I can connect the console, but once I connect the uplink cable, I got this error all the time, and the switch is no responding any longer.  Could this be the IOS version? I am sunig C2960-L 8port POE,Model number : WS-C2960L-8PS-LL, and ios is c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-6.E2b 

Thanks

Atroskelis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 3 years later

To whoever is finding this post, this bug does not happen on c2960l-universalk9-mz.152-7.E7.bin . I did an upgrade and it stopped happening. 

Good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: