cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvo35537 - C2960XR-48FPD-I reports "Cisco {{platform}} {{deviceDescription}} {{version}}" in the Web GUI

KeniaSalas39968
Level 1
Level 1

When logged into the C2960XR-48FDP-I through the Web GUI, "Cisco {{platform}} {{deviceDescription}} {{version}}" is observed in the top left corner where the actual device platform and version are expected.
The same happens with the save, update, user information and language buttons.

7 Replies 7

alvaro.garcia
Level 1
Level 1

I had the same problem in WS-C2960X-24PS-L 

Bug CSCvo35537 seem was resolve in releases up 15.2.7 but not for X serie.

I tested with release 15.2.4(E3) and (E4) and the same error is showed.

The mayor inconvenience is not way to language change and no way to save changes using gui.

olaszfiu
Level 1
Level 1
I have the same problem on a WS-C2960X-48TD-L, release 15.2(7)E3.
No error on the same device running 15.2(4)E8.

Since version 15.2.6 web interface has been renew to a new one that allow to do the major standard tasks on the switch (same interface that is in newest C9xxx series).

This new version is not compliance with Network Assistant (I think).

olaszfiu
Level 1
Level 1
I upgraded my WS-C2960X-48TD-L to release 15.2(7)E4 and the problem is still there.

javier.r1
Level 1
Level 1

3560CX also have the same issue with the 152-7.e3 and e4 files

Confirmed. Got a 2960CX a 3560CX here. Both GUIs were fine under 15.2(7)E, before upgrading.

After upgrading to 15.2(7)E4 both show "{{productOwner}} {{platform}} {{deviceDescription}}" at the top of the page. If it's simply a cosmetic issue then I shan't worry unduly, but it's pretty obvious that CSCvo35537 has not been fixed, whatever Cisco might claim.

majorthom
Level 1
Level 1

Here's a fix from the first page of the readme of the image;

enable

conf terminal

Device(config)# ip http authentication local

Device(config)# username user privilege 15 password password Configure the username and password with privilege 15.

do write memory

exit

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: