Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvp77511 - [ENH] Official support for ASDM on Windows Server 2019

Hi Team,

ASDM not working on Windows 2016 Server OS

when we install SFR and manage it local.

ASDM Exits while configuration loading of firepower

11 Replies 11

Dark345
Level 1
Level 1

same here

bsr29
Level 1
Level 1

This problem can be partially resolved by using following steps: 

1. Go to https://www.teamdev.com/jxbrowser
  2. Download jxbrowser-7.8-cross-desktop-win_mac_linux.zip package
  3. Extract it to the folder and find files required for your platform 
  4. (Windows) Navigate to c:\Users\Username\.asdm\jxbrowser\ and replace files jxbrowser.jar and jxbrowser-win.jar with extracted files: jxbrowser-78.jar -> jxbrowser.jar, jxbrowser-win64-7.8.jar -> jxbrowser-win.jar
  5. Start ADSM

I tried this and it will let you open the config via ASDM, so it does work. However, none of the FirePOWER tabs are available.

@ChuckHaynes wrote:

I tried this and it will let you open the config via ASDM, so it does work. However, none of the FirePOWER tabs are available.

Yes, I tried and unfortunately I can't manage FirePOWER. I use ASDM mainly for FirePOWER

I found this file, and it worked for me. I hope it will work for you too

Just unpack and replace 

I'm getting an error message when attempting to download the file. Was it removed?

sorry, re-uploaded, try again

Yes, it works! This one also gives you the FirePOWER tabs back, unlike the fix above. I can now use ASDM w/ FP on Windows Server 2019.

Thanks

Solutionary
Level 1
Level 1

I still get the error after replacing the jxbrowser files

Caused by: com.teamdev.jxbrowser.chromium.internal.EnvironmentException: Unsupported operating system. Supported OS: Windows XP (SP2), 7, 8, 10, Vista, 2003 (SP1), 2008, 2012, Mac OS X & Linux. Current OS: Windows Server 2016

Please, try this one attached

Top man!  Worked for me.  Considering that this bug has existed for so long, I am surprised that there is not an official fix!