cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

CSCvq89463 - 8845/8865 freezing randomly

Hello Cisco forum -

Just so you are aware of this 8845/8865 freeze issue.  I know these BUGs are sometimes hard to search/find so I thought a community post on this might help.  This is a very intermittent issue and Cisco is working on new firmware to resolve.

ES (Engineering Special SIP 12.5(1)ES11) it seems that in fact there is no fix for the defect yet as of 8-19-2019.

We had this impact upper level employees, so this is high visibility for us.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Hall of Fame Community Legend

@tgarst wrote:

We had this impact upper level employees, so this is high visibility for us.

Escalate the issue with your Cisco AM/SE.  

Highlighted

Thanks for your post Leo.  I think this is possibly a hardware revision versus firmware issue as we did replace our C-level employee phone with new.  I noticed his old 8845 phone was V03 and his new is v08.  I have seen hardware revision vs. firmware issues with Avaya and Nortel phones too, so this issue is not just limited to Cisco (lol).

I did send the info to our Cisco SE just so he is aware of what current 88xx issues we are having.  I feel like the 88xx models are not nearly as reliable as 79xx (even with the infamous 79xx hookswitch issue).  We are finally replacing 79xx that have been in service for 15+ years and our 88xx are dropping like flies (in two-three years) .... not good for Cisco in my opinion.  Too many BUG issues to list:  Traffic light/light saber (session button flash issue), cat5e versus cat6 issue, freezing issue, connecting issue, must I name more??  

Can someone at Cisco finally admit they are having some massive 88xx issues?

I am getting pretty frustrated (if you can't tell) with not getting any traction on all these 88xx issues.

Highlighted
Contributor

More than 1 year later and this issue still no resolved

Highlighted
Beginner

Was this issue ever resolved?! I am having the same issue with multiple 8845s.  Cisco what is resolution?  There should be a firmware update to resolve this.  I am seeing most of our phones are v2 or v3.  I have our 8845's with firmware sip8845_65.11-7-1-17