cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvs59089 - DNAC Mystique Switches prov fails -NCSO20470 Provisioning failed Error retrieval ISE PAN IP

rlienard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I'm deploying DNAC 1.3.3.1 (Cluster or 3 DNAC + 4 ISE nodes) and I'm hitting this Bug : CSCvs59089.

Have you seen this ? No workaround.. can't provision AAA on my switches :-/

Best regards,

Raphael

Raphael Lienard | CCIE #63267
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rlienard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I fixed my issue while digging into the containers logs.
It happened because one on the ISE PSN nodes was not resolvable through DNS and nobody noticed it.
No errors during DNA - ISE integration, no errors while configuring AAA on the Design page of DNA.
The error message is seen when trying to provision a node. One of the containers (I don't remember which one) in the workflow is trying to do a DNS lookup on all ISE nodes of the cluster. Since one of the PSN was not resolvable, got an [ERROR] code in the logs dropping the provisioning workflow with "NCSO20470 Provisioning failed Error retrieval ISE PAN IP" message.

Since this issue could arise at any time if a DNS record is incorrectly modified, it would be great to have a periodic check (with a meaningful message in the UI).

Best regards,

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

rlienard
Level 1
Level 1

Hi people,

I fixed my issue while digging into the containers logs.
It happened because one on the ISE PSN nodes was not resolvable through DNS and nobody noticed it.
No errors during DNA - ISE integration, no errors while configuring AAA on the Design page of DNA.
The error message is seen when trying to provision a node. One of the containers (I don't remember which one) in the workflow is trying to do a DNS lookup on all ISE nodes of the cluster. Since one of the PSN was not resolvable, got an [ERROR] code in the logs dropping the provisioning workflow with "NCSO20470 Provisioning failed Error retrieval ISE PAN IP" message.

Since this issue could arise at any time if a DNS record is incorrectly modified, it would be great to have a periodic check (with a meaningful message in the UI).

Best regards,