cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCvs81294 - Managed File Transfer for IMandP will not work with OpenSSH7.X

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

We are using openssh v8.x and ran into this bug. Does anyone know if the workaround command is run from the IM&P server and do I need to contact TAC for this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

If anyone else runs into this you will need to contact TAC to apply the workaround. Otherwise, updates are available to fix this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Phil Bradley
Level 4
Level 4

If anyone else runs into this you will need to contact TAC to apply the workaround. Otherwise, updates are available to fix this.

seenamoshiri
Level 1
Level 1

I Have IM&P 12.5.12900, with MFT running on Ubuntu 18.04 or Ubuntu 20.04 (Both OpenSSH 7.x) verification fails.

After downgrading OpenSSH-SFTP-Server, OpenSSH-Server, OpenSSH-Client to 6.6 the problem still remains.

I Tried to downgrade OpenSSL to 1.0.1f (Available on Ubuntu 14.04 [Trusty] Packages), and then the verification passed successfully.

How I understand the verification fails is caused by a Package installed by default on Ubuntu 18.04 and Ubuntu 20.04, the package is "landscape-common". With downgrading OpenSSL it'll get romved from MFT Server automatically, but you can also remove this specific package without needing to downgrade OpenSSL or OpenSSH using bellow command:

$ sudo apt remove landscape-common

On IM&P 12.5.1.12900 the MFT Check passed successfully after removing landscape-common package regardless on which OpenSSH/OpenSSL version is being used on Ubuntu.