Views
Helpful
Replies

Do you know why Firewall option has disappeared after Cisco CP Express upgrade

itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I updated Cisco CP Express from 1,3 to 2.5 on one of my Cisco 857 routers. I noticed that there was an icon of for firewall.

Do you know why Firewall option has disappeared after Cisco CP Express upgrade? How to get it back?

thanks in advance

Dragan

3 Replies 3

David White
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dragan,

Note that this forum is dedicated to bugs, not necessarily product configuration steps.  You may find better answers by posting to one of the router or SMB forums.

That said, it may be that the firewall configuration is now done under the Wizard.  See chapter 22 in the CP User Guide for more information:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_configuration_professional/v2_5/olh/ccp.pdf

Sincerely,

David.

Hi David,

Sorry I tought it is a bag as Firewall icon was there now is gone. My other Cisco 857 routers are on old firmware and Firewall is there.

Regards,

Dragan

Hi Dragan,

The bug discussion board is mainly for finding out more information about specific bug IDs, or if you have questions on the bug tools we host.

Unfortunately, the people that watch this discussion board are not subject matter experts in all products.  Therefore, for specific questions about the operation of a given product, it would be better to ask that question on the given product's discussion board.

I did spend some time looking to see if I could determine the reason why the icon was removed, but did not discover anything.  Also, I could not find any bugs on it, and therefore suspect it was an intentional design change.  However, I am not an expert on CPE, and instead am trying to direct you to those who are.

Sincerely,

David.