cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fixed version of CSCvb65245?

Jessica.han1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  I can see that 9.8.0-092 as known fixed release of this bug since Feb 01, 2017, however, when I checked my upgrade options, the latest is 10.0.0-203 which has been available since 2016-09-27. May I have someone to confirm if 10.0.0.0 is a fixed release for this bug?

Thanks

Jessica Han

5 Replies 5

Ulrik Rosen
Level 1
Level 1

When can we expect to see a fixed version for our physical appliances?

I'm currently running version 9.7.1-066.

Can someone answers our questions?

regards

Ulrik R.

Y my running version is same as yours.

Jessica

Dear Jessica and Ulrik

CSCvb65245 is fixed in AsyncOS version 9.8.0-092. None of the 10.x releases have the fix.

I am working on finding the answer. This may take as long as a week or so. Regret the inconvenience caused by the delay.

Sincerely ... Palani

Hi Palani,

Is there any fix yet on the 10.X release?

I believe this bug is also affecting a filter that I'm trying to create to match "Content-Disposition" header.

I tried to match header exist, tried "body and attachment" contains "Disposition", tried body contains... nothing seems to match this piece of email.

Thank you,

filiadata
Level 1
Level 1

We created a TAC case for this. The answer is that this bug is currently fixed in versions that include the filter "Duplicate MIME boundaries". This includes 10.0.1.

However the possibility to circumvent attachment based filters is NOT automatically fixed by installing the new AsyncOS version, instead you have to set up this duplicate boundaries verification filter (as a content filter or message filter) and take action like dropping or quarantining such emails! As far as I understood this is because even with 10.0.1 or 9.8 the Cisco Email Security Appliance is still not able to detect the content / file type of such attachments with duplicate boundaries properly, it can only detect that there are duplicate MIME boundaries.

In our opinion this is not a sufficient solution, because there are a lot of emails with duplicate boundaries, including legit business emails, probably created by some broken email software. We created an enhancement request to add the functionality to the ESA to be able to actually read and interpret attachment with duplicate boundaries.