Views
Helpful
Replies

I found a bug in IOS

Ziga M
Level 1
Level 1

Where can I report it?

I assume I'm not the first one, so where can I check any further details? Maybe it's not even a bug

It's delated with BVI - Bridge-Group Virtual Interface. It won't come UP, unless you type

"R1(config)#interface bvi 1 ?"

That question mark at the end is the key that will enable BVI interface. You don't need to press enter. It took me a few days to figure it out...

Regards,

Ziga

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please advise which platform and also what is the full version of the IOS? Thanks.

Well, I was testing on 1841 C1841-ADVIPSERVICESK9-M), Version 12.4(15)T9) and in GNS3 - 7200 series (don't have IOS ver. right now) and in both cases, I had the same problem.

It could possibly be matching the following bug:

BugID: CSCso64352:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCso64352

Can you try to see if the workaround resolve the issue?

Hello,

Sorry for (very) late answer - Unfortunately I don't have access to that link. Only "Registered Customers and Partners may register for access here".

Here are the details on that bug:

Symptom

BVI interface is not coming up after reload

Conditions

"bridge-group x spanning-disabled" not configured on the bridged interfaces.

Workaround

Configure "bridge-group x spanning-disabled" on the bridged interfaces.

Fixed in 12.4(25)T and all 15.x releases.

Ziga M
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed another bug in IOS. This time on static DHCP settings. You need to have default-router entry otherwise it doesn't work.

Here's sample config:

ip dhcp pool STATIC

host 10.10.10.10 255.255.255.240

client-identifier 0122.5b27.1f62.aa

default-router 10.10.10.1

Thisway is working, but without last command - it's not working.

"show ip dhcp bindings" is properly showing that static entry exists, but router doesn't assign desired IP. I'm using universal IOS v15 on cisco 800 series.

Regards,

Ziga

This is not a good place to report bugs, this forum is for feedback on our bug searching tool.

You might try posting this in one of the Network Infrastructure groups for advice, such as

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/network-infrastructure/switching