Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR4431 GLH-LH-SMD GLH-SX-MMD module disabled

Wai Yan Shine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco,

I have the problem GLC-LH-SMD, GLC-SX-MMD module disabled in isr4431, isr4351. Now my current ios-xe firmware is 

isr4400-universalk9.17.02.01r.SPA.bin. I already used command service unsupported transceiver, transceiver type all no monitoring, no negotiated auto but not fine in SFP DOM version. Now our customer need to solve this sfp problem. Please give me advice for this.

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Have you tried a different firmware, like 16.12.3?

Yes already tested with
isr4400-universalk9_npe.03.13.02.S.154-3.S2-ext.SPA.bin
isr4400-universalk9.03.15.04.S.155-2.S4-std.SPA.bin
isr4400-universalk9.16.09.04.SPA.bin
isr4400-universalk9.17.02.01r.SPA.bin
I dont think that is not firmware problem. That is may be cisco bug iomd or hardware programming Device.

As per the unsupported command it should work as expected and @Leo Laohoo  suggested other version  to try

try the matrix : (if this critical i would suggest to buy cisco supported matrix)

https://tmgmatrix.cisco.com/?si=4331

by the way what optic is this do you have specification or picture ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

That is my SFP module GLC-LH-SMD. Let me know, if SFP have some issue. Fiber cable is LC duplex OM3 multimode.

@Wai Yan Shine wrote:

Fiber cable is LC duplex OM3 multimode.

Multi-mode patch cable won't work on a single-mode optic.

Both GLC-LH-SM and GLC-LH-SMD are support single mode and multi mode fiber patch cord. I already tested with LC duplex blue fiber patch cord OM3 multimode and Yellow cable fiber patch cord singlemode cable.

as per the orginal post, the module itself not detecting ?  is that correct

as i remember there is a option under interface command . there is a option media-type ? (check you can set for (sfp)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: