Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-C2960X-48FPD-L Switch Stuck at Post

I have a Cisco switch model WS-C2960X-48FPD-L. I upgraded the IOS switch. There is a problem with the upgrade of iOS during the POST test, and the operation of the switch stops.

14 Replies 14

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
This is CSCvf24186.
You need to do a HARD reboot: Pull the power cable.

I removed the power cable from the device and rebooted the device, but it did not fix the problem

Ok, Plan "B".
Force the switch to go into ROMmon and then force the switch to boot 15.0(2a)EX5.
If the switch boots "2a" fine, then upgrade to the version of your choice.

Thank you Leo Laohoo
I boot the switch with the following IOS "c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2a.EX5.bin" but unfortunately the problem is not resolved

Last try:  Can you try loading IOS version 15.2(2)E9 or 15.2(4)E6?

Thank you Leo Laohoo
I try loading IOS version 15.2(2)E9 or 15.2(4)E6 But  but unfortunately the problem is not resolved

Post the entire boot-up process.

Thank you Leo Laohoo

This file contains the POST step from the beginning to the time of the problem

Did you pull the power cable for this?

Thank you Leo Laohoo
Yes, I repeat this several times. I pulled the power cord and waited a few minutes each time and connected the cable again. But this problem still exists

Hmmmm ... I got no more ideas.
You may need to raise a TAC Case.

Thank you Leo Laohoo
 TAC Case need active service contract but I do not have

Then RMA the switch.
You don't need a Service Contract to RMA because the 2960X is covered under Enhance Hardware Limited Lifetime Warranty (see the Data Sheet and look for "lifetime").

Please, those who are able to provide a technical solution to this problem ؟
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: