cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add CBW240AC to Cisco Business Dashboard

parkernathan
Level 1
Level 1

How do I add a Cisco CBW240AC to Cisco Business Dashboard so I can manage it inside Cisco Business Dashboard?

Thanks!

Nathan Parker
8 Replies 8

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I assume you want the have the AP connect directly to the dashboard without using a probe, right?  Have a look at https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/cisco-business-dashboard/qsg/b_Cisco_Business_Dashboard_QSG_2_2/b_Cisco_Business_Dashboard_QSG_2_2_chapter_0101.html in the CBD Quick Start Guide that walks you through the process, and then let us know if you have any questions.

One important caveat for the CBW APs is that there are probably still some APs on the shelf in distribution that had an older version of firmware installed in the factory.  You will need to be running at least 10.2.1.0 or higher for the APs to be manageable by dashboard.

If you are using a network probe, then the AP should be able to be discovered and managed without any special configuration.  But the minimum software version caveat still applies.

Cheers,

Dave.

Sounds good. It is running the latest firmware. The “initializing” issue I had in the past has resurfaced (I commented back on the previous thread you were helping me with). Once that is resolved, I will give this a spin and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

Nathan Parker

Are you using plug and play connect to redirect the AP to CBD?

I have a 140AC and 240AC which I'm trying to connect to CBD but they don't even seem to connect to pnp connect. 

Could you post a link to the other topic you are referring to? 

---
If my answer was useful please mark it as helpful.

Hi Niels,

Please go to CBD admin guide (https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/cloud-systems-management/network-automation-and-management/cisco-business-dashboard/admin-guide/b_Cisco_Business_Dashboard_Admin_2_2.pdf) and follow the steps on page 43 - "Setting up Discovery using Plug and Play Connect" to configure the Cisco PnP connect service.

Regards,

Martin

Thanks Martin, I followed the admin guide but without succes. 

I've created a support case so I won't hijack this topic

Would you happen to know how strict the Base PID in pnp connect is? The AP's are PID CBW240AC-E. This PID isn't in the PID list of pnp connect so I selected the one closest to it, CBW240AC-B. Because the last letter only describes the regulatory domain I assumed it wouldn't make any difference, perhaps you can (dis)confirm this?

---

Hello Niels,

Yes, that is correct, it wouldn't make any difference in the PnP redirection functionality. 

Regards,

Martin

The missing PIDs should have been added to PnP Connect overnight.  Apologies for this - it was an oversight.  Anyway, you should be good to go now, but if you still see any problems or missing PIDs, do let us know.

Cheers,

Dave.

Thanks David, the AP's are being redirected now. 

---