Views
Helpful
Replies

Dashboard with CBS 250/350

Ciscorudy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you for help, I have a problem with the dashboard concerning the CBS250/350 switches.

I have a problem with the dashboard regarding the CBS250/350 switches.
I have a problem with the dashboard because it only shows the SG200 and not the rest, even though the configurations are identical.

Is there a particular setting that needs to be activated on the CBS range? How can I make it visible with the Dashboard?

Thank you in advance for your help and for this community.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In that case, CBD should be able to discover the switches.  One possibility is if you have disabled Bonjour discovery on the switches and do not have snmp enabled, then the dashboard would discover the switches, but only identify them as hosts.  That seems a bit unlikely though, so I am going to suggest again that you call the support team.  There is clearly something unusual happening here and it will probably be necessary to get debug logs from the dashboard.  A support engineer can help with all that.

As for the device credentials question, I meant that you should look at the Administration > Device Credentials page in CBD, not in the switch UI.  It is CBD that needs to be authorized to access the devices, and that is done by telling CBD the username and password for the switches using this page.

Cheers,

Dave.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

David Harper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

It can be a little tricky to say what is happening here without knowing the topology, so I would suggest calling the support folks and have an engineer walk through the problem with you on the phone.  You can find your local phone number for support at https://cisco.com/go/sbsc.

Now having said that, I can also say that there should be no problem discovering the CBS250/350 switches in general.  They are fully supported by CBD.  However, if they are in a different VLAN to the CBD probe that is discovering the network, then they will only be able to be discovered by learning about them from another device.  Since the SG200 has been discovered, my first thought is that CBD is directly connected to that switch and it has been discovered through LLDP.  If that is the case, normally the next step is for CBD to query that switch to find other network devices.  But it can only do that if it knows a valid username and password to connect to the device.  So can I suggest you check the Administration > Device Credentials page in CBD and see if the SG200 is listed there as needing credentials.  If so, supply valid credentials should go a long way to solving the problem.

If that doesn't help, then I'd suggest calling support.  That will get the problem resolved much more quickly than trying to go through the same process here.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi,

Thank you for this quick answer. For information all the switches are in the same VLAN and the CBD in the VLAN of the Switches so very simple network topology level.

I searched Device credentials in the CBS350 but I didn't find what you proposed. Can you tell me more about your device credentials solution that I can't find in the Switch Administration section.

Thanks in advance.

In that case, CBD should be able to discover the switches.  One possibility is if you have disabled Bonjour discovery on the switches and do not have snmp enabled, then the dashboard would discover the switches, but only identify them as hosts.  That seems a bit unlikely though, so I am going to suggest again that you call the support team.  There is clearly something unusual happening here and it will probably be necessary to get debug logs from the dashboard.  A support engineer can help with all that.

As for the device credentials question, I meant that you should look at the Administration > Device Credentials page in CBD, not in the switch UI.  It is CBD that needs to be authorized to access the devices, and that is done by telling CBD the username and password for the switches using this page.

Cheers,

Dave.