Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community migration blog series! The goal of this series is to keep you up to date on all of the changes the community will be going through, and guide you to our new home. This is where you'll find all of the latest news and information about the migration, so please watch for additional updates.

We understand that you may have some questions about this migration and that's why we're here! We'll try to answer some of your most common questions between now and the launch. We've been collecting our feedback and are working to make sure this move addresses improved platform stability, better search, and a more responsive performance. in addition, the move offers some new features and functions that will enhance your community experience.

Here's a brief FAQ to start answering some basic questions. In the next several weeks we'll be adding information about the move, any changes, and new features.

1. Why is the community migrating?

We have been collecting feedback from users, and the decision to migrate to a cloud-based platform was based on requests for faster performance, improved platform stability, and improved search functionality. Our new home will provide all of those improvements, as well as new features that we'll be detailing as the migration continues. 

2. When will the migration occur?

The migration will be occurring late Summer 2017.

3. How will you migrate my information?

We're directly transferring a majority of the content including discussions, articles, blogs, and videos. Most of your personal data will also move, although there may be some preferences that you'll need to set up again, like subscriptions. More information on that soon.

4. Will I keep my rank?

The short answer is yes. The longer answer is yes, but the overall names of ranks will change and points may change slightly. We will work to keep as close as possible to your current status, but under a different title.

5. Will my content stay in the community?

Yes, the majority of your content (your questions, discussions, answers, comments) will come over into the new community platform. As mentioned above, you'll have to reset some of your preferences for what you subscribe to, how you'd like to be contacted, etc. We are doing some cleanup of much older documents (no replies or ratings) and removing / consolidating communities that aren't in use any longer. 

6. Will I need to re-register?

You will not need to re-register. We will be using the same SSO system that we are currently, so your account information will stay the same.

7. What if I have additional questions or need help?

For help with current issues, please continue to use supportforums-info@cisco.com. For questions directly related to the migration, you can leave comments on our migration updates and we'll respond to you as quickly as we can. Have a question you don't want to ask in public? Please email us regarding migration questions at csc-migration@cisco.com.

Additional links:

Thank you for your feedback and participation in the community!

The Cisco Support Community team

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: