cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Kelli Glass
Community Manager
Community Manager

announcement 300X250.png

You may have noticed some changes in discussion posts in the Community today. We’re happy to announce the release of discussion threading and in-page replies with full edit tools.

What does this mean to you?

1. You can post to a specific reply in a discussion thread. After the post is published, you’ll see the name of the member you addressed your response to (under your avatar in the top left corner).
  2. When you reply to a post, you remain on the same page. Clicking the reply button launches an editor with full editing tools. No more Reply versus Quick Reply. In addition, you’ll see the name of the member you’re addressing.
  3. Gray lines will appear to the left of the published post(s) to visually connect them in the conversation.
  4. You also have the option to sort the responses if you want to see them chronologically.

We hope these enhancements improve your Community experience.

10 Comments
pmckenzie
Level 3
Level 3

Sounds great good to see time based replies

Sergiu.Daniluk
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a problem while editing a post: the rich text editor toolbar (the one with Bold Italic Underline..) is not being displayed:

This is how it looks while I write a new post:

before.png

and this is how it looks while trying to edit it:

after.png

Thanks,

Sergiu

Kelli Glass
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you, msdaniluk, for reporting this. We are investigating a solution. 

Gus Leon
Level 1
Level 1

Excellent updates!  Thank you for sharing them.

Regards,

Gus

Very good update, definitely improves the UI to the better. One thing that I noticed is that since the new look I no longer get in site notifications when someone posts an answer on a post that I'm a part of, however I do get notifications if someone tags me or gives helpful votes.

image.png
This used to show a number if someone answered a post that I also have posted a response to.

Any one else that have seen the same?

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

@Roger Kallberg 

Thank you for your question. This is an issue the vendor is working on. The good news is that there is a workaround that you can follow each time you reply to a discussion thread for the first time. Here are the quick steps that you need to follow. 

image.png

Let me know if this helps.

Kindest Regards,

After the change I noticed that "Automatically subscribe me to topics or reviews I participate in" doesn't work. I need to manually subscribe each post so that I receive email notifications when some one reply.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 4.05.44 PM.png

Another issue I face is below.

Screenshot 2020-10-28 at 4.08.00 PM.png

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

@Nithin Eluvathingal 

Thank you for your comment. Indeed the workaround for the time being is to manually check the setting "Email me when someone replies" the first time you reply in a discussion thread. The team is working to get a permanent fix to this. In regards to the error in the time zone, we have contacted the dev team. 

Seems like you were able to post even with this error message.

Kindest Regards

Yeah I can post. But need to try two- three times. sometimes I need to go to Drafts and do it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: