cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
dbrittin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Welcome to the new Cisco Community!

Picture it: A simplified experience and step-by-step resources to guide you through your technology adoption.

This experience welcomes new “how-to” guided resources to support you all the way from onboarding through optimization of your Cisco products. It also expands your opportunities to engage with Cisco experts and get even more help from your peers.

Rest assured, the Community will still be your troubleshooting resource, including all the Community forums and articles you rely on.  So, what’s changing?  Along with the new resources, the Community will have a modern look and navigation, making it easier to find what you need, when you need it. Our goal is to make your community experience richer, simpler and more intuitive.

Here’s what we just launched:

Modernized user interface for a cleaner, simpler, more unified navigation that complements Cisco.com:

• Redesigned homepage that’s personalized when you log in
  • Reorganized navigation menu to help you find information faster  
  • Simplified page designs that are more intuitive to use

CR blog announcement 1.PNG

Here’s a peek at what’s coming over the next few weeks:

Ask the Experts (ATX) sessions to bring you more engagement with Cisco experts:

• Browse upcoming ATX sessions in Community events, featuring in-depth product demos and live Q&A for every stage of your technology adoption
  • Register for ATX sessions and submit questions in advance – all without ever leaving the Community
  • Access ATX recordings and resources shared during sessions whenever you want

Interactive Guided Resources to help you reach your business outcomes faster:

• The guided journey web pages as you know them are being transformed into the community’s new Guided Resources, featuring how-to content and adoption guidance that’s personalized and use case-specific
  • Customization features let you track and save your progress through each use-case step directly in a Guided Resource
  • Discussion forums for community-based advice across the product lifecycle

CR blog announcement 2.PNG

The Cisco Community is team thrilled to bring you these expanded resources and expert contributions, making the community even more valuable for you.

Let me know what you think about the new experience.  Stay tuned for updates as the new functionality rolls out! 

44 Comments
Shilongshulang
Level 1
Level 1

要改版了?社区尧谢克她

Good initiation

@Shilongshulang 感谢您的反馈,如有任何意见或者疑问,请随时让我们知道。

Thanks for your feedback, please let us know anytime if you have any query or suggestion.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

@Jhonwick this is NOT a Cisco course!
It's an announcement about forthcoming changes to this web site - and the dates are made clear in the announcement.

akinyanju09
Level 1
Level 1

This is good. I can't wait to explore and learn more.

Thanks to Cisco Networking Academy.

rjs
Level 5
Level 5

New shinny ui, nice update!

jnourbakhsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dear dbrittin Cisco Community Manager

Thanks for New Cisco Community! . I have a question about Old Email Security Community!, so could you please help me a.s.a.p? In the old community!, when i login to the Email Security Community!, i can see the Latest version of AsyncOS for ESA/CSE and also WSA. Where can i see these information again or how can i customize my Hope Page to see these important info please?

Best Regards, Nourbakhsh

Gallifrean
Level 7
Level 7

Still getting used to finding my way around. 

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- As several of us VIPS have pointed out in the VIP-community in the end this 'new experience' has turned into a 'bad experience' for the Cisco Community members which some major defects experienced.  1) Threads url's no longer changed in fonts when having read 2) Similar : in options 'Marking all as New' or Marking all as Read' has no effect anymore. 3) Impossible to detect when a thread has been updated and automatic jumping to last responder no longer available.  4) Last responder no longer shown in the list of posts of a particular group.  These defects have a severe impact on the productivity and efficiency of responders , and last but not least it took my motivation down for being active on the Community. We can only hope that these will be addressed in the near future or that for instance the previous version of the forum gets re-installed (which was much better!)

M.

malhalafi
Level 1
Level 1

Great

Renzo1971
Level 1
Level 1

where can i find the link to the free linux courses.

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @marce1000 - thanks for reporting the issues you've run into, it's very helpful to receive this kind of feedback early on during this transition while we still have time to make minor adjustments. 

Responses to your input, in numerical order:

1. Threads url's no longer changed in fonts when having read
     This was not a feature I was aware of previously - do you mean that the font of the URL in your browser window changed to indicate read/unread status, or the actual URL itself changed?
2. Similar: in options 'Marking all as New' or Marking all as Read' has no effect anymore.
     This is a display issue (and an annoying one!). We're aware and looking to address in a future release.
3. Impossible to detect when a thread has been updated and automatic jumping to last responder no longer available.
     Can you let me know a bit more about these? We are considering a few different ways to help you know when a thread has been updated at the board level. When you mention 'automatic jumping to last responder' do you mean a user's profile or the last unread response in a thread?
4. Last responder no longer shown in the list of posts of a particular group.
     I'm not familiar with this, will you say a bit more about it? Was that a widget on the side of the page at the group level or was it on individual threads?

I know your time is important, thanks for sharing your input here and looking forward to hearing back from you!

marce1000
VIP
VIP

1. Threads url's no longer changed in fonts when having read
     This was not a feature I was aware of previously - do you mean that the font of the URL in your browser window changed to indicate read/unread status, or the actual URL itself changed?

Yes , and unfortunately that does not happen any more now.

2. Similar: in options 'Marking all as New' or Marking all as Read' has no effect anymore.
     This is a display issue (and an annoying one!). We're aware and looking to address in a future release.

This is not  a simple display issue (because that information must also be correlated with your Cisco Account)  but a very essential component related to the functionality of the community also it should not be fixed in a future release but now. It's a bit like going in to denial. presenting an issue as new but this simply worked previously. Then developers should recognize that important issue and fix before presenting this version of the community and or the problem should then not be put on a long term solution track but be fixed right away (for a problem that was not there before).

3. Impossible to detect when a thread has been updated and automatic jumping to last responder no longer available.
     Can you let me know a bit more about these? We are considering a few different ways to help you know when a thread has been updated at the board level. When you mention 'automatic jumping to last responder' do you mean a user's profile or the last unread response in a thread?

- When you clicked on the thread (again) , you immediately jumped to last unread response. Not working anymore. Nowadays when I see a thread on top of a list again , I have to look at current time and date , start browsing in the thread and search for the last added reply based on time references, very boring exercise

4. Last responder no longer shown in the list of posts of a particular group.
     I'm not familiar with this, will you say a bit more about it? Was that a widget on the side of the page at the group level or was it on individual threads?

-  The last responder was shown  on or along side  individual threads and very helpful to detect new activity on a thread you were interested in. Also it helped to  increase expertise because then I could open threads again when I saw that an expert had responded to it.

M.

Rich R
VIP
VIP

When viewing a user profile it displays the user's details but in the User Activity section it shows *my* activity not the user I'm viewing!

Tyler Langston
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the clarification @marce1000 - I'll take this back to the team for further review.

@Rich R - thanks! I've gotten this added to our list of things to address. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: