cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1

Blog-knwownissues_csc_EN.png

There are some known issues that are ongoing post-launch. We'll keep you updated on their status in this post. Please subscribe if you'd like to receive a notice when we make changes.

1. Video upload issues in Chrome on Windows
    Video uploads need Flash. In order to enable Flash player, the following steps need to be followed  (see this adobe help article):
    Go to the Chrome settings page - chrome://settings/content
    Click the "Flash" tab
    Disable "ask first"
    Close Chrome, then reopen and you should now be able to upload videos

2. Video files:
    Videos are in the process of being uploaded. If you need to watch a video that does not play yet, please send us an email and provide the link.
    Update: The majority of videos have been uploaded, only ~200 of the total 2k are pending due to known platform issue which will be resolved on Oct 31st. After this issue is resolved, the rest will be uploaded.

3. Some redirects aren't working
    There are some redirects to communities that aren't working properly and you may get an error. If you use the global navigation (at the top of each page), or the "hamburger" menu hamburger.png you can get to the communities with no problem.
    Update: This is complete.
  4. Cisco Employee Leaderboards:
    We are in the process of implementing the Cisco Employee Leaderboard and it will be available in the near future. Rest assured that all your contributios and votes are stored in the database. 

5. Documents Table of Content:
    We are in the process of integrating the Table of Content on the documents that had it. This is in the list of future enhancements.

6. Voice Systems Community:
    Content on the SMB Voice Systems Community is not showing.  This is being worked out as top priority. 

7. Bookmarks and Follows:
    The team is working on restoring your bookmarks and follows.
    Update: Bookmarks have been restored and user follows are complete.

8. RSS Feed Subscriptions:
    Currently the RSS Feed link takes users to a broken xml page. We are reviewing the error and will work to fix it as soon as we can.
    Update: This is working as expected; users will need to have an RSS reader plugin installed in order for the feed to work.
  9. Videos Upload: 

Currently, we are still facing some issue while we upload videos via Chrome and Mozilla. Its inconsistent. Some of the users have reported have it. We have raised a 'Lithium case'.  Lithium team is working on it and they have found that there is an issue in the Application. 

Update from the CSC Dev team:

1. Subscriptions:   Post launch, user subscriptions were not migrated. Our development team have figured out a way to migrate all the users exisiting subscriptions. Users might start observing new new subscription notifications in their profile. In, fact these subscriptions are the existing once, which are now getting migrated over to our new system. 

We are working to fix these known issues as soon as possible and we appreciate your patience while we continue to make improvements. Thank you.

63 Comments

Hi, if you look at bugs on cisco.com, under the Community discussion you now see the following.

We are sorry, integration with the Communities services is currently not functioning as expected. Please try again later.

Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @bill.king1 thank you for letting us know about this. We will take a look and try to address as quickly as we can.

I noticed below descrepancy when using helpful voting. In certain case it appear 5 helpful votes and other times appear as 1 helpful vote.

I rated below therad and it appear as 5 helpful votes.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/getting-started-with-wireless/cisco-aironet-1850-don-t-boot/m-p/3173758#M92397

Noticed it appear as 1 helpful votes for others ( I got 2 helpful votes for the responses made yesterday).

Is that intentional or some issue ?

Rasika

Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1

Hi @Rasika Nayanajith - you will see that when I give you a helpful vote, it only counts as 1, but when you and others give helpful, it will be 5. Anyone from bronze level and up, excluding employees, moderators, and community managers will give 5 helpful votes when they click.

I've updated the what to expect post with more information around that as well. Thank you for mentioning this so we can make sure we have messaging around that behavior.

Hi Becky,

Thanks for clarification. 

What was the logic behind it ? In my view this leads to some unfairness in voting system.

Yes, when I rate your response, you got 5 votes , while I got 1 from you :)

Rasika

Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1

@Rasika Nayanajith

Hi Rasika,

But I'm not competing with you for spots in the leaderboards. ;) 

It's adjustable, and if it becomes a critical piece, we can revisit and adjust. The idea is to encourage peers to rate each other, and not have employees' ratings of things actually skew the results.

Like I said, though, it's open to feedback and we will definitely take your input on this. Thank you.

Hi Becky,

I would suggest you to relook at it based on others feedback.

Rasika

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Scott,

I am not able to receive any mails for any new discussions or any reply on the existing discussions for the Topics "IP Telephony", "Jabber Clients", "Telepresence " etc . which I was following. In earlier setup, we had option of "Following"  but could not find in new , if I need to enable again.

Please advise.

regds,

aman

Akshay Raghoji
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Aman,

you could use these suggestions to receive emails for your subscriptions:

1) Go to the appropriate category. Click options on the top right (Represented by 3 vertical dots). Click subcribe.

2) Turn on the notification settings in your profile to 'AutomaticallySubscribe me to all topics I participate in' 

3) Ensure all the notifications are enabled

4) And, you will see the subscriptions you have done in 2 places:

- Under your profile Page

- Under 'My settings' -- >Subscriptions & Notifications --> My Subscriptions

Hope this helps.

Thanks

I don't recall if this was an option in the old version, but there isn't a place to update the email address where I receive these notifcations? Does it automatically use the email address that I have set up on the cisco.com website for my CCO login?

keithsauer507
Level 5
Level 5

Any reason why today all of a sudden there are menus where the heading is in Japanese looking writing?  The pull down of the first and last one is in english, the middle one has two entries in Japanese that I have no idea what they say.

This is the URL in chrome 60 at the moment:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/cisco-cafe-blogs/known-issues-post-launch/ba-p/3173697

CiscoCommunities-japanese.png

In the previous version I also don't recall having to move between pages for longer posts. This can be a drag, please make it at least an option (i.e. display all responses on one page vs. having to move between pages).

Sean Vaidya
Level 3
Level 3

Becky,

I think it would work better to have all votes equal the same amount. Employees, especially, Cisco TAC employees SHOULD skew the votes. They are typically more knowledgeable and the 4 more points could make a relevant post stand out more. 

Plus, uniformity is a good thing. 

Edit- Although, ideally all the points would be scaled 1:5 and used that way. The five points per star system is iffy as best. 

Maybe the seniority of the member should detemine amount of stars given? 

Akshay Raghoji
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bill.king

At the moment, we have this email as a verified email address:

b******.com

Yes, we dont have the option to change the email address, as its via the SSO. 

To change you Email Notifications. Please follow from your profile page:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/285155

My settings -- >Subscriptions & Notifications 

Hope this Helps.

And for your other comment, we will take that as an Enhancement Request.

, please take down the above post ASAP, you're displaying my email address to anyone with access to this page, which is the entire community world!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: