cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Welcome Cisco Private Communities

Cisco Community continues to grow. We are excited to announce that we are bringing  Cisco Private Communities into our family! 

Cisco Private Communities  has been an invitation-only place where customers, partners and suppliers have connected for specific engagements. With this migration, Cisco Private Community members will not only be able to collaborate on the groups they were part of, but they will be able to engage with the entire Cisco Community. 

For those of you that are members of both communities, you'll see your collaborations consolidated in your profile. For those who are not yet Cisco Community members, you will get a pop-up with the terms of use that you need to accept the first time you login.

Q: Why is Cisco Private Communities migrating over to Cisco Community?
A: We want to streamline your community experience. The consolidation will also improve findability of trusted information and crowdsourced answers from peers and Cisco experts. It will also make it easier for Cisco experts to engage and get feedback.

What to Expect and Timelines

Q: When will Cisco Private Communities will be migrated? 
A: We are excited to announce that Cisco Private Communities will come over on Monday November 18th. The table below provides more details.

Q: Will I be able to access and use Cisco Community?

A: No, here are some key dates when our sites will be under construction, therefore access will be limited. See below for more details:

Dates

Time EST

Which community?

What to expect

Nov 18

12:00 AM

Cisco  Community

Login will be disabled, site will be in maintenance mode and unavailable.

Nov 18

1:00 AM

Cisco  Community

Login will be disabled and public areas of Cisco Community will be in read-only mode. You will not be able to create new content (discussions, replies, etc.)

Nov 18

9:00 AM

Cisco Community

Login will be disabled, site will be in maintenance mode and unavailable.

Nov 18

1:00 PM

Cisco Community

Login will be restored and you will be able to use the community as usual

Q: As a user, what do I need to do before go-live?
A: Our users are not expected to do anything before go-live on November 18. Just log in as normal and continue to collaborate in the Community.

Q: Is the terminology for content types different on the new Cisco Community?

A: Yes, for our Cisco Private Communities user the terminology has changed. We’ve listed out below content types that are different to what you may be used to. However, for our current users on Cisco Support Community there are no changes, you should already be familiar with our terminology

Cisco Private Communities to Cisco Community Terminology

Cisco Private Communities

Cisco Community

Discussions

Discussions in discussion boards

Documents

Articles in document boards

Blogs

Blog articles in blog boards

Events

Events in events boards

Videos

Videos in video boards

Parent Space

Category

Sub-Space

Sub-category

Project

Not migrating

Polls

Not migrating

Help and Support

Q: Who do I contact if I have a question regarding this migration and feedback?
A: If you have questions about this process, please contact the External Cisco Community team at cisco-community@external.cisco.com.

11 Comments
Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't think I've ever even heard of the Private Communities, but I just logged in and it turns out I have access.  Huh... makes me wonder.

Monica Lluis
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Anthony,

Many of the areas of the Private Communities are closed groups that you can request to join. What you see is some of the groups. There are other groups that are by invitation only.  I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Monica

till now all this sounds quite... funny especially looking at "recent content" :0)

an many groups

Place Latest activity Followers  

GroupTest Post Upgrade - Public GroupNovember 14, 2019 6:15:29 AMShow 2 Followers2Actions
GroupMentorMe - Private Group

Show 3 Members3 Members

July 12, 2019 3:25:35 AMShow 3 Followers3Actions
GroupCloud Desktop - Public GroupJune 25, 2019 9:10:48 AMShow 7 Followers7Actions
GroupCiscoAS-Demo - Private Group

Show 32 Members32 Members

May 8, 2019 7:26:38 PMShow 30 Followers30Actions
GroupMichael's Test Group - Private Group

Show 1 Members1 Member

December 21, 2018 12:34:39 PMShow 1 Followers1Actions
GroupAS FLEX PLAN - C2 - Private Group

Show 2 Members2 Members

May 24, 2018 10:03:51 AMShow 2 Followers2Actions
Groupautomation - Private Group

Show 1 Members1 Member

May 8, 2018 5:07:45 AMShow 1 Followers1Actions
GroupCiscoAS-BCBSA - Private Group

Show 8 Members8 Members

September 13, 2017 6:04:07 AMShow 8 Followers8Actions
GroupAutomation41 - Private Group

Show 1 Members1 Member

May 11, 2017 3:11:28 AMShow 1 Followers1 
julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Monica!

I seem to be unable to find those private communities one can request to have access to.
Tried via your links above, but it doesn't show me anything.

Is the problem on my end?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Julian

ssilveir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Julian,

Thank you for your interest in a new private community, now called Invite-Only Communities. Are you looking to create a new one or access to an existing one? If it's the latter, you'll need to contact the community owner to be added to it. If it's to create a new one, we will work with you to do that.

Rgs,

Sheila

julian.bendix
Level 3
Level 3

Hey @ssilveir ,

thanks a lot for the reply :)

Can I somehow view a list of the existing invite-olny Communities,
or is this info also not public?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Julian

ssilveir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's correct, these private communities are not public therefore not viewable.  Unless you're a member of any of these private communities, you will not be able to view them.

Rgs,

Sheila

well well well :0)

horacio.benedicto
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello, good morning.
How can I be invited to the private communities?.
I would like to participate.
Thank you very much.

ssilveir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Horacio,

Sorry for delayed response. These private communities which we now are calling them Invite-Only communities require you to be invited to them. Is there one in particular in mind or are you asking in general how to create a new invite-only community? The latter requires us to create it for you first. The owner can then invite others to it.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Rgs,

Sheila

Hi Dears 

i understand the only advantage of the subject against FB private groups is the absence of advertising :0)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: