cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCENT Trainning and up help

Stewart-Ross
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys, i was hopeing someone here could help?

So i'm intrested in all the Cisco courses, CCENT, CCNA etc i find it really intresting and i believe it is the next step in my computer Career and would like to do it in the future.

So where do i start? simplest option would be to go to the Cisco Acadamy or other trainning facility, however i cant do that due to work commitments.

its not that i dont have time its more of a location thing.

So what i would like to do is setup my own Cisco lab at home and take some online courses. Can anyone recommend a provider?

What setup should i get for a cisco home lab?

Were do i get packet tracer from? (Legit copy :p)

If anyone could help i would be very grateful.

Thanks

Stewart Ross

4 Replies 4

rvarelac
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Stewart-Ross , 

Based on my personal carrer , if you do not have so much time or they are not locations nearby  , I recommend you to buy the certification guides , you can start with the ICND1-2 books. 

For the start up a couple of routers and a switch should be enough , you can buy the one of the small category example router 800series and switch catalyst 3750 or 2960.

In order to download the Cisco Packet tracer , please read the following forum:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/63906

Please rate helpful posts !

Hope it helps

- Randy - 

Hi,

We have unpublished the content. 

If you have any more questions on this topic, suggest you check out the Cisco Learning Network Community, they will be able to help answer anything specific about any of the exams or certifications.

Thanks,

Naga

johnmkaranja021
Level 1
Level 1

Checkout  Learncisco.net an online free ccna training community. They do have suggestions about how you can go on about it.

Bigoncisco
Level 1
Level 1

Based on personal experience, this site may have some good advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: