cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

CCNP - Too Soon

Hi All, 

So in Feb, working in Desktop Support , I passed my 200-105 to become a CCNA. I then started my Juniper training for my Junos JNCIA as that is what we use at work. 

1 week later, I was made redundant!!

I have a new role which is again Desktop Support and on Friday, passed my Juniper exam. 

I want to start on the CCNP journey, but I am worried that as I dont have any Networking expereince, it will be even harder than it should be.

So I guess what I am asking is, can I pass the CCNP (CCNP and CCIE Enterprise Core ENCOR 300-401) whilst working in Desktop Support? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: CCNP - Too Soon

Greetings,
Sorry about the difficult times and glad to see you're back on your feet. I got my CCNP while I was in desktop support. So it is possible. Just requires the drive and willingness to put in the hard work and you'll make it. Career wise, the CCNP will also help you to be in the running for higher roles in my view. Be brave, go for it! All the best.

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Beginner

Greetings,
Sorry about the difficult times and glad to see you're back on your feet. I got my CCNP while I was in desktop support. So it is possible. Just requires the drive and willingness to put in the hard work and you'll make it. Career wise, the CCNP will also help you to be in the running for higher roles in my view. Be brave, go for it! All the best.

Regards

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Beginner

Thank you very much, thats good to hear. 
The Official Press book has been dispatched. Hopefully be able to get my AWS done before the book arrives :)

Thanks again

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
Cisco Community May 2020 Spotlight Award Winners