Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Cafe - now open for business

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Right-o.  Here are the Club rules:

1.  Welcome mat is outside the door and it reads, "Leave your pride outside".
2.  No work-related stuffs here.  Whinging is acceptable.
3.  No religious topic/debate.
4.  No political topic/debate.
5.  No harassing and definitely no "below-da-belt" stuff.
6.  Jokes are welcome.  Just be sensible and have a good sense of humour.
7.  English language (`nuff said!) or provide translations.
8.  Aussie slangs and jargons exempted.  He he he ...
9.  Invites to your birthday party very much welcome, and a big thank you!
10.  Remember the explitive-filter-engine.  You've been warned.
11.  Giving points is optional ... it’s all up to you. 
12.  HAVE FUN!

Message was edited by: leolaohoo

197 Replies 197

Leo,

Loved the pic.......hey is that Maria's new mouse.  If the PC won't work try the power button it works wonders, it did for me.

For the Birthday invites...I though I would just wait to see who sent a gift.... and I figured we would just meet at the Cisco Cafe after all it is a great place to hang out. Please bring some extra hand sanitizer though some of us use a lot 

Mike

Ok, I am having a hard time following the replies in this thread. I kind of almost missed a post from Mike yesterday. Anyway, I'm facing more serious issues right now. I told you the mouse story and undermined my own authority! Now everybody is making fun of me.

Hey Mike, I see my mouse has become your muse! Happy birthday and I'm sending you a pink mouse for a present.

Hey Rob, just for the record: I am not sure I used the correct words to describe my mouse situation, but the mouse on Leo's picture is the next stage in my road to humiliation. I am not quite there yet! The "only" thing I did is to hold the mouse with the buttons being in the opposite direction than the correct one. Now that I'm thinking about it, I must have been clicking using my thumb!!!

A more recent story is with the development board I was using for my master. The board was connected to my pc using a usb port for programming the board and the serial port for getting output and printing it on my screen. I had been working with 2 processors on the board for some time, because the hardware guys were having issues fitting 4 processors in their FPGA. One day they make it and send me a new file with 4 processors. I turn the power on the board on (yeah Mike, I didn't miss that!), I download their file and my code, but no output on my screen. I'm thinking that maybe their hardware doesn't work (as usual ), but prefer to check my side first (not to avoid humiliation, but for practical reasons: if I bother them and proves to be my mistake, I won't get immediate attention next time I need it). The usual software reason I am not getting output is some read memory access from one processor to another processor's memory not supported yet, which can cause a "freeze". I check my code and nothing like that is happening. I make some changes so that the extra 2 processors do nothing. Still no output. I go back to the last known good hardware/software code. Still no output. I take a look at the board. Who the @!%#$%^^ took my serial cable?

burleyman wrote:

Loved the pic.......hey is that Maria's new mouse.

Mike,

Nah, mate.  What you're looking at is the first (and only) attempt to cool down an overclocked PC.

+5 on your poetry "swipe" at Maria.

Hey Leo, congratulations on your new red badge! Now is the time for you to get your own poem from Mike! I'm waiting!

Just catching up on this thread -

Maria, congratulations on the Masters, very impressive achievement especially considering your inability to use a mouse

Leo - shiny new red badge, about time too.

Jon

Thanks Jon.  All thanks to the lucky bloke who gave me +2.  Ouch!  I must've said something to annoy `em.  

Hey Rob, looks like your smooth moves sanitize the entire area around you. This virus will sure have a hard time getting anywhere near you!

Hail, hail, hail.

I now name thee SMOOTH Rob.  Go and sanitize no more ...

marikakis
Level 7
Level 7

Leo, still don't get what YOU did wrong! Or do you mean you were wrong to let her go away alone with the switch in the first place?

Hi Maria,

That was a mistake on my part.  I thought dum blondes (left the "b" out as to not offend) was an urban legend.  She proved me sooooooo wrong.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Anyone know why this computer needs to be constantly replaced? 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There's a big retail chain where I live.  In the midst of the row of check-out counters is the supervisor's desk.  This is very open and just about anyone can peer in.  Anyway, among the things you'll find is a list of First Aid officers (sounds ok so far).  I accidently read the list and broke into uncontrolled laughter.  At the bottom of the list has the last name DEATH and first name RAY.

1.  Death treated my injuries;
2.  First aid officer Death, first aid officer Death, can you come to counter one for a possible incident?  (I don't know `bout you but I'd be flying outta there like a bat out of h_e_l_l.);
3.  Death ray.  (Hmmmmmm ...); and
4.  I stared death in the eye ...

Daniel Bruhn
Level 8
Level 8

Leo,

Kudos to you.  Off topic is what you wanted and off topic is definitely what you got!

Cheers,

Dan

Cheers, Dan

Hello Dan,

This wouldn't be possible without you and Tim's "nod".  So I or we would like to say "thank you" for the support. 

Best Regards/Leo

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Leo,

Yes, thanks for starting the "Cafe" it's really great fun buddy

Loved the photo - tooooooo funny! +5 for making my day!

Have you asked how Master Maria is today? I am reluctant to address her

directly

Cheers!

"Smooth" Rob

PS:+5 for you too Mike, for more great poetry! Sweeeet!