cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco certificates ?

pcfreak49
Level 1
Level 1

hello I have a question anyone know sometimes that these certificates of cisco are

CompTIA A+

CompTIA Network+

CompTIA Security+

CompTIA Server+

my best wishes for the new year 2013 and good health?
7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

None of these are Cisco certs, Cisco certs always start with Cisco certified I .e. ccie, ccnp, ccna, etc.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Also it essentials?

Not sure if I follow, are you asking if you need the CompTIA certs in order to get Cisco certs, if so the answer is no there is not relationship between them.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

These are part of the CNAP(Cisco Network Academy Program)

ITE 1 takes content from A+

ITE 2 ( discontinued) takes content from Security+, Linux+, Network+

After completing the academy program you get a certificate from the Academy you were enrolled in.

However, none of these are industry recognised.

They just enable you to better understand the concept should you decide to sit for the CompTIA exams.

Or else offer an escalation path to CNAP CCNA Discovery/Exploration program.

Yet, your best bet is to go to a CLP (Cisco Learning Partner) and enroll for a full-blown CCNA program (640-802)

I have a question anyone know what routers and switches that are used for CCENT / CCNA CCNP CCNA Security cisco voip ?

Ben Lavender
Level 1
Level 1

Personally if you want to do Cisco; do Cisco. You won’t get better certifications anywhere else.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: