Views
Helpful
Replies

Help

Ahmed_Yass
Level 1
Level 1

Can i anybody help me 

179. Which two statements about single and dual homed links are true? (choose two)

A. Single-homed connections to a service provider can use either static routing or BGP
 B. Dual-homed connections to a service provider most frequently use static routing
 C. Dual-homed connections to multiple service providers can use OSPF or EIGRP for load balancing
 D. Single-homed connections to a service provider require OSPF or EIGRPE. Dual-homed connection to multiple service providers typically use BGP
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CCNA 200-125 exam version 4/2019, isn't it ? Moreover poorly copied as you concatenated (d) and (e) answer into one.

OK. I'm not willing to answer yours exam question, but I will try to help you to answer them.

Single homed connection mean there's one (single) uplink only. All packets have no choice but pass this link. One link, one target - static default route (gateway of last resort in Cisco's terminology) is enough for it. Dynamic routing protocols can be used, but it's overkill in typical case.

Dual/multi-homed connections have two or more uplinks. Outgoing packet needs to pass the appropriate one of them. While static routes may fit most simple use cases, dynamic routing is required for most typical case. 

If there are multiple links from single provider, an IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol) will be used to setup routes (but EGP - Exterior Gateway Protocol - can be used too). 

Uplinks from multiple provides forces use of EGP kind of routing protocol.

Now you know all facts necessary to answer the question.

By the way, CCNA related questions are better to ask in appropriate community of learningnetwork.cisco.com 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CCNA 200-125 exam version 4/2019, isn't it ? Moreover poorly copied as you concatenated (d) and (e) answer into one.

OK. I'm not willing to answer yours exam question, but I will try to help you to answer them.

Single homed connection mean there's one (single) uplink only. All packets have no choice but pass this link. One link, one target - static default route (gateway of last resort in Cisco's terminology) is enough for it. Dynamic routing protocols can be used, but it's overkill in typical case.

Dual/multi-homed connections have two or more uplinks. Outgoing packet needs to pass the appropriate one of them. While static routes may fit most simple use cases, dynamic routing is required for most typical case. 

If there are multiple links from single provider, an IGP (Interior Gateway Protocol) will be used to setup routes (but EGP - Exterior Gateway Protocol - can be used too). 

Uplinks from multiple provides forces use of EGP kind of routing protocol.

Now you know all facts necessary to answer the question.

By the way, CCNA related questions are better to ask in appropriate community of learningnetwork.cisco.com 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: