Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab Work Blog

JoseCobo73127
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I will like to know if for individuals like me, certified but with no IT work experience, creating a blog documenting all my lab work and share it with prospect employers showing  "hands on experience" could be a good (effective) idea to increase the chances of getting considered for a position.

Your response will be highly appreciated as well as any other ideas.

Thanks,

Jose

1 Reply 1

fracjackmac
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @JoseCobo73127,

The blog that you suggest sounds like a good idea, however, I believe there are a few things to consider.

My comments and suggestions ...

* First, you'll want to make sure that the solutions presented are sound and follow a good troubleshooting methodology.

* Second, you may want to include information regarding how you setup the issue (home lab, GNS3, Packet Tracer, etc.), and why you chose the issue for exploration.

* Third, you'll need to choose issues that reflect your actual understanding of the final solution, since you'll want to avoid getting a question about something that appears in a blog entry that you're not able to thoroughly explain/solve.

* Fourth, you may want the blog to reflect more difficult issues over time to show your learning progression.