cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Seeking Feedback on Information/Data for Cisco Support

msorber
Level 1
Level 1

I’m working with a team exploring ways to improve your TAC Support experience.  Several questions have come up that we would like customer/partner feedback on.  Here’s the first one:

1.     What data or information are you asked for repeatedly when working TAC cases that you wish Cisco would remember?

For each piece of data or information:

1a. Is that data or information specific to you (i.e. your id) or shared by your group (i.e. a topology) or everyone at your company (i.e. company size)

1b. How frequently does the data or information change?

I look forward to you input.

Best,

--Mary

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

What data or information are you asked for repeatedly when working TAC cases that you wish Cisco would remember?

My shipping detail.  I don't mind if they ask me to CONFIRM that my shipping detail is correct.  But I guess I understand the "logic" to asking me all the time what my shipping detail is.

Is that data or information specific to you (i.e. your id) or shared by your group (i.e. a topology) or everyone at your company (i.e. company size)

Per CCO login.

How frequently does the data or information change?

Depends on my CCO login.

Hope this helps.

Great, thanks!

So you ship replacement hardware to the same address most of the time, but once in a while it goes somewhere different...is that correct?

So you ship replacement hardware to the same address most of the time,

Hardware is shipped to one address.  But I don't mind if TAC would ask me to CONFIRM that the shipping address is correct rather than asking me all the time for my shipping address.

but once in a while it goes somewhere different...is that correct?

It wasn't a Cisco fault.  The courier franchisee had difficulty "reading" the address.   (Please don't get me started!) 

I would agree with Leo on this as well, but one thing to add. Based on the contract number it should show the installed site and the address where that piece of equipment is located. I try and keep that updated for all our equipment for that reason. Like Leo suggested, rather than TAC asking for the ship to information, it should just confirm the ship to address. I know that may seem minor but I don't remember all my locations addresses and if I am out of the office when TAC asks for the information it just delays the whole situation.

Something maybe to add.....If we could store say a parts list (like a Show Inventory output) for all of our equipment under our contracts that might also help TAC better understand what the setup is much quicker. Then with that information Cisco could use it to more accurately stage inventory for different regions.

One more thing...... TAC does a great job and keep up the great work.

Mike

Thanks for the response, Mike.  Thanks, too, for the Kudos for TAC.

On the parts list you mentioned...could you say a little more about that?

Would it be a list of the equipment you have at a high level?  Something like a Router A, Router B, Switch C, etc. 

Or is it like a topology that also includes the connections?  (A is connected to C, etc)

And is that inventory something that exists today or are you asking for a command to generate it and easily get it to the TAC engineer?

How static or dynamic is that inventory?  (Would it stay the same for 1 week?  A month?  A year???)

Would you have any privacy concerns if that were stored at Cisco somewhere?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mary,

Something else puzzles me and I don't know if you know the reason and the logic.

Presume that I have a newly purchased switch.  I purchased SmartNet but the Cisco distributor "failed" to update the Cisco database that the S/N has a valid service and maintenance contract.  What I don't understand is this:  If I raise a TAC Request to, say, RMA the switch via the website, I will get an email saying that the switch doesn't have a valid contract and therefore Cisco can't help me.  HOWEVER, if I call TAC over the phone, they look into their database and they can help me.

What gives?  My point is:  Should the TAC people who receive my request via the web have the same access to the database as the ones who answer my call?

Best Regards/Leo

Leo, thank you for your feedback!

Tom Yoritaka, Director, Cisco Support Community

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response.

Best Regards/Leo

PS:  Don't you guys/gals sleep???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: