cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFP Modules in Cisco 3850-12S

homosapiens1988
Level 1
Level 1

Problem with operating Cisco 3850-12S (CAT3K_CAA-UNIV ERSALK9-M), Version 03.03.05SE RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)) and 2 types of sfp modules:

1. AT-SPFX/15

2. OptiCin SFP-Plus-LR.LC.10

I entered this commands "service unsupported-transceiver", "no errdisable detect cause sfp-config-mismatch", "no errdisable detect cause gbic-invalid" as it is necessary. Below are logg messages

Jun 21 10:23:55.281: %PLATFORM_PM-6-MODULE_ERRDISABLE: The inserted SFP module with interface name Gi1/0/1 is not supported

Port   Name Status     Vlan      Duplex       Speed Type
Gi1/0/1        notconnect 1          auto          1000 unknown

What can I do if I need to use this SFP modules? Please help. We bought this expensive switch and I don't know how to solve problem yet

16 Replies 16

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum to post solutions about how to use non-Cisco optical modules.  

So where can I ask for help or consultation about it? It's really urgent.

So where can I ask for help or consultation about it?

Google is your friend.

I've found one Cisco SFP. It's a GLC-LH-SMD. And it's not operate too. There is same logging event "The inserted SFP module with interface name Gi1/0/1 is not supported".

Post the complete output to the following commands: 

1.  sh version; 

2.  sh log; 

3.  sh idprom interface G1/0/1

There is not logging event "The inserted SFP module with interface name Gi1/0/1 is not supported" now. But interface status is "down" nevertheless.

Can you please post the complete output to the following commands: 

1.  sh interface status err; 

2.  sh run int Gi1/0/1; and

3.  sh interface Gi1/0/1

in attachment

What happens if the SFP is inserted into other ports (other than Gi 1/0/1)?

Is the SFP connected to anything?

The problem is the same for all ports.

Another switch connected to this SFP module. And there is not problem on the other side. Сonnection isn't established with WS-3850-12S only.

1.  Post the complete output to the command "sh post". 

2.  Have you tried other Cisco-branded modules?

1. in attachment

2. No, I don't have it.

I have a strong suspicion the SFP could be faulty.

But this SFP operates in the other switch (WS-C2960X-48TD-L) without any problem. I've tested. And I suspect that there is some problem with compatibility.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: