cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What are My Settings > Macros?

RedNectar
VIP
VIP

I notice there is a new option in My Settings called Macros?  What exactly are macros and how do I use tham?

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Chris,
Macros are short snippets of text you can set up to use for frequent responses. It's helpful if you want to have a "canned" reply that you use often. For instance, I may set up something that says "Thank you for your feedback." and then use the macro to insert it into the text field. I can then edit it to add more information, but it saves a little typing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Becky Scott
Level 1
Level 1
Hi Chris,
Macros are short snippets of text you can set up to use for frequent responses. It's helpful if you want to have a "canned" reply that you use often. For instance, I may set up something that says "Thank you for your feedback." and then use the macro to insert it into the text field. I can then edit it to add more information, but it saves a little typing.

Hi Becky,

Thanks for the reply, but the thing is that I couldn't understand was exactly how you insert macros into posts.  There is nothing on the Macros page that explains that "Once you have defined macros, you will MAGICALLY find another drop-down in the editor with the title Macros"

So I thought I'd add some macros to illustrate my confusion, and suddenly found the hidden feature!

image.png

Another Hidden feature that I love is the way you can paste screendumps right into your post by clicking the Photos icon and simply hitting Cmd+V (presumably Ctrl+V works in a Windows box too) to paste in your screendump.

Now the thing that gets me though is that neither of these features are mentioned in your introductory series. (Perhaps you can include them in part iv).

To my way of thinking it should be made VERY clear to anyone posting a problem just how easy it is to add a screen dump, it would help us sooooo much if people added the odd screendump when posting.  In other words, the Tooltip for the Photos icon image.pngshould say Insert Photos/Screendump rather than just Insert Photos.

Thanks again.

RedNectar aka Chris Welsh.
Forum Tips: 1. Paste images inline - don't attach. 2. Always mark helpful and correct answers, it helps others find what they need.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: