cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA-C listing disconnected / offline hosts as Connected

blakemweston
Level 1
Level 1

We have discovered an issue with our DNA-C as it appears to have "ghost" hosts showing as connected but they are no longer connected to the network. Even if the port the ghost host are associated with goes down, the incorrect host stays in the database, whereas anything else that was connected is removed fairly quickly. Has anyone else experienced this? is there any way to  delete or remove the erroneous hosts?

For reference I discovered this via the API (api/v1/host) call as we plan to move from host-mode multi-auth to host-mode multi-domain and wanted to find ports that has multiple data hosts connected. A number of ports had hosts that had not been updated in a while, and when checking the hosts within DNAC Dashboard they were listed as "Connected" when they clearly were not.

1 Reply 1

Dilip Thakur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As of today, it is not possible to delete a user entry from DNAC. However, I would suggest you to open a TAC case and get this looked into as to why the disconnected hosts are still showing up as connected

If you find my reply solved your question or issue, kindly click the 'Accept as Solution' button and vote it as helpful.

You can also learn more about Cisco DNA Center through our live Ask the Experts (ATXs) session. Check out Cisco DNA Center ATXs Resources [https://community.cisco.com/t5/networking-knowledge-base/cisco-dna-center-ask-the-experts-resources/ta-p/4394489] to view the latest schedule for upcoming sessions, as well as the useful references, e.g. online guides, FAQs.