Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer Switch Port Config

Packet Tracer seems to restrict what I can do on a 3650-24PS and I cannot figure out why or how to get around it.  I am just beginning the course, read the notes (of very little help at all), and cannot figure out some basic things.  I've done all this on real equipment, so this is baffling...

Trying to set up basic network to help show a colleague - 2 PCs and a 3650 switch.  VLAN 1 is default for all ports, PCs are connected to ports 1 and 2.  But PT will not allow me to create an IP address for any of the ports or VLAN; there are no IP commands available for the ports (except ARP), which is what baffles me.

Pls adv.  Tks.

1 Reply 1

pmckenzie
Level 3
Level 3

Pretty sure in packet tracer you would need to do no switchport to change into routing port

3650.PNG

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold" Dr Who
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: