cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CLI Analyzer 3.5.1 Windows 10 (64bit)

Hi,

I am getting everytime below syslog messages when trying to ssh to any Cisco devices. But it doesn't terminating the connection as per the logs and letting me in.

%SSH-4-SSH2_UNEXPECTED_MSG: Unexpected message type has arrived. Terminating the connection from

Is there any resolution for this ? How it can be resolved.

Regards,

Suraj

4 Replies 4

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Suraj,

Can you confirm that you do not have a login issue on another SSH terminal with the same credentials? If you are using an AD to provide the authentication to access this device can you instead attempt to use a local user?  

Please provide any other error messaging you see on the device as this may point to the root cause where %SSH-4-SSH2_UNEXPECTED_MSG is just a symptom. 

Thank you,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

I am facing same issue for every cisco devices and I am using local user account to login.

Below is the only error i am getting for loging.

028376: .May 31 22:39:46.376 PDT: %SSH-4-SSH2_UNEXPECTED_MSG: Unexpected message type has arrived. Terminating the connection from <IP-ADDRESS>

Today I received update of CLI Analyzer of 3.6 version, but it is sad to say that issue has not yet been resolved after update.

Thanks,

Suraj

Hello Suraj,

Thank you for the update. Just to be clear, you are able to login to your devices with the CLI Analyzer but the syslogs show this error message.

If that is the case then what you are seeing is an innocuous error. When you login to a platform via the CLI Analyzer, it does a connectivity check to make sure the IP/DNS is actually reachable (note its not ICMP). Once the connectivity check passes, it presents the credential dialog to you to fill out your User/Pass/Enable. The below item in your show log you are seeing is a result of that connectivity check.

Let me know if this answers your concerns.

Regards,

Joshua

Hi Joshua,

Thank you for the update.

Yes you are correct I am able to login in device and using SSH version 2.0. I am not getting this error message when login with Putty. Ideally it should not show this error message. And this type of error message we can't ignore in industry where we are keeping eyes on every syslogs. I am suspecting the issue with CLI Analyzer.

Regards,

Suraj K