Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Analyzer 3.6.8 Unable to connect to new switches with no feedback

jason.a.crook
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I have used CLI analyzer through a number of versions. I've seen that there are fixes to the key scan problems in 3.6.8.  I can connect to any switch, asa, or router that I have had previously in my list of devices. But when I have tried to connect to a new device and click next, nothing happens. I don't get any feedback, key warnings or anything. It just sits there. I can connect right away with putty.

Leading up to this I uninstalled previous versions and did a new install on 3.6.8 (x64 windows). I generated a new rsa key on the devices. Currently, I am trying to add a 3750x and a nexus 5672. 

I did a show logging in my putty ssh session and I didn't see my connection attempts in show logging, but I might not be setting that up correctly.

This has seemed to creep in a couple versions ago. I used to use it as a putty replacement connecting to a large amount of devices via ssh, but not so much now.

1 Reply 1

roger
Level 1
Level 1

Ever Find an answer to your problem?

I have had the same problem on a 3750X for over a year now.  It is being replaced by a 9500-48.

It was working for me in putty.

Last Week, I set up the 9500, got it to work on  ssh and on telnet.

upgraded the firmware and now it wont work with CLI analyzer or Putty.

This makes three different switches this has happened on. I can t seem to find an answer for it.

Telnet keeps working, console port works also.

Im guessing one of the old algorithms has been removed by Cisco and new one not added to CLI or PUTTY.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: