Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Analyzer the signature is not a match

TaniaSanchez24
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to understand some of the output of the file analyzer and I have some "Danger" outputs where it says for example that "Signature is not a match" and that a specific bug is not applicable. 

What does this mean exactly? Because if the signature is not a match and the bug is not applicable, why is this a danger?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

jofrumki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @TaniaSanchez24 

Thank you for using the Cisco CLI Analyzer.

With regards to your question our community would not be the proper resource to assist unfortunately, the CLI Analyzer is just reporting what our database found to be an issue with the configuration. You can find more information on this bug here, https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCup46714, or open a TAC case to get a complete explanation from one of our engineers. 

Thank you

Hello @jofrumki

Thanks for your reply. I have seen this bug, thanks. It is in fact not applicable.

My question is not about the bug itself or this specific output. The screenshot was just an example. My question is about understanding the Analyzer's outputs. There are other such "Signature is not a match" entries and I am trying to understand what does the Analyzer mean by that. If the signature is not a match, does it mean that it is not applicable? If it is not applicable, why does it show in the Analyzer output at all?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: