cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't get SSH access to new CSR 1000v instances in AWS

keith.johnson
Level 1
Level 1

I've tried several times to spin up a CSR 1000v instance with existing key pairs and new key pairs and I haven't been able to get SSH access using several different terminal applications. The built in Java MindTerm gets stuck at BubbleBabble, PuTTY returns Server refused our key, and MobaXterm requests a password. I'm having the same problem whether creating an AX package or Security package instance.

1 Reply 1

k.sadowski1
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if you are still having this issue, I'm going over some older posts and came across this one.

I had a similar issue a while back where I couldn't get into my instance either. After many days of frustration, I finally figured out it had to do with the name of the AWS Key being used. I think it either had to do with the space or special character "(" in the name itself. The key I was trying to use was "Servers (us-east)". Once I created a new key and named it "cisco", everything started working. This required me to create a new instance of the CSR but things worked much better after that.

Hope this helps.