cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPU went up dramatically after reboot

k.sadowski1
Level 1
Level 1

Earlier this week, AWS indicated our CSR 1000v instance needed to be rebooted for some maintenance. Since the reboot event, the AWS monitored CPU utilization went from about 11% to 65%. The CPU utilization reported by the router itself is about 5%. Neither the router software nor the configuration was changed, so I don't know why the sudden change in the monitored CPU usage.

The amount of data being serviced by this router is quite small: ~100KiB/s so it shouldn't tax the router.

Has anyone else noticed this with AWS?

2 Replies 2

nanibez24
Level 1
Level 1

Can any one from cisco respond to this please?

We have seen this on all of our CSR's in AWS. This has caused a lot of issues with out production platform.

Thanks

According to what I've seen on the AWS forums, this issue is more apparent on "older" generation instances. I'm currently running on an m3.medium which is somewhat old as the latest generation is m5.

The currently recommended node by the aws marketplace is c4.large. This is a larger machine than what I have now, but it might not experience the same issue.

Is anyone seeing the same issue with the c4 generation nodes? If the marketplace would allow, we could try it out on a more recent generation node just to see what the difference would be.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: