cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Created AWS VPC OK, but why I can't ping or SSH Public IP in Cisco CSR?

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I successfully created a test VPC to evaluate Cisco CSR router in AWS. VPC instance status is 'running'.
Problem is that from my computer connected to the Internet, ping to the IP 54.213.100.147 is not successful. In the Security Group I allowed ICMP inbound and outbound for any source. Also SSH is allowed from any source.

SSH attempt also fails. Can someone tell me how I can troubleshoot this? What could be the problem which is preventing me from successfully connecting to the Cisco CSR router Public IP?
*ssh -i "vpc2-key.pem" root@ec2-54-213-100-147.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com**
 *ssh: connect to host 54.213.100.147 port 22: Connection refused*

Screenshot is attached showing VPC instance details.

i-a63e947c

m3.medium

us-west-2c

running

2/2 checks passed

None

ec2-54-213-100-147.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com

vpc2-key

HERE IS THE SECURITY GROUP INFO which should allow me to ping and SSH:   
vpc2-security-group

Security Group: sg-70fbf114

Source
SSH

TCP

0.0.0.0/0
All ICMP

All

N/A

0.0.0.0/0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aidan.manning
Level 1
Level 1

Old question I know but for anyone else with a similar issue, on AWS you need to also a dd an internet gateway to allow you to get to the public IP from the internet.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I can't see anything wrong.  Does the AWS console definately show that the instance is running?

aidan.manning
Level 1
Level 1

Old question I know but for anyone else with a similar issue, on AWS you need to also a dd an internet gateway to allow you to get to the public IP from the internet.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: