Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR 1000V rebooted by itself

john.fontanilla
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We opened a ticket with AWS regarding our CSR rebooting by itself. The logs of the CSR is in the csr-1000v-logs.txt attachment.

Is this a bug on the CSR? If it is, will a newer version of the CSR fix this issue? AWS checked on their end and the underlying hardware running the CSR had no issues.

Thanks!

JohnF

3 Replies 3

agairola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi John,

Router crashed due to process "Net Background"and generated a crashinfo which is saved in your bootflash:

4100h 13m 35.509s(   3ms): MXCSR = 00001F80
4100h 13m 35.512s(   3ms): Writing crashinfo to bootflash:crashinfo_RP_00_00_20180121-000709-UTC

The Net Background process runs whenever a buffer is required but is not available to the process or interface. It creates the desired buffers from the main pool based on the request. Net background also manages the memory used by each process and cleans up the freed-up memory. This process is mainly associated with the interfaces and can consume significant CPU resources. The symptoms of high CPU are increase in throttles, ignores, overruns, and resets on an interface. The crash could have happened cause of low memory on the router, but we cannot confirm anything unless we decode the crash.

I would suggest to open a Cisco TAC case so they can decode the crash and provide you an explanation why the router crashed.

John,

If you want I can take a look at the crashinfo file for you and see what we can tell from it.  If you can retrieve the crashinfo file and send it over I'd appreciate it.  

bootflash:crashinfo_RP_00_00_20180121-000709-UTC

-Nick

I am having the same issue, what was the diagnosis and how was it resolved?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: