Views
Helpful
Replies

CSR1000v in VMPlayer constant reboot

bartol_78
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've installed the CSR1000v OVA into VMPlayer, and it works perfectly for my 6RD labs (I've developping a course on IPv6 for a training center), but I'm facing this issue:

Every now and then, for now known reason, error messages appear on the console and the router reboots.

The messages are given in attachement.

I've noticed than when 2 CSR1000v are running, it happens on both at the same time.

Please can you provide help? Thank you!

Versions are:

Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 03.12.00.S - Standard Support Release
Cisco IOS Software, CSR1000V Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.4(2)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

VMWare Player 6.0.3 build-1895310

2 Replies 2

bartol_78
Level 1
Level 1

I downloaded the latest and it's fine now.

Bartol_78,

Glad it works for you.  For future reference the CSR1000V is officially supported on a Type 1 Hypervisor.  That is a Hypervisor installed on bare-metal hardware.  The installation you mention is a Type 2 Hypervisor, they hypervisor is installed on some other operating system, which is then installed on the bare-metal hardware.  While it may work on a Type 2 hypervisor, the behavior is not tested and not supported.  Here is a reference for you:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/csr1000/software/configuration/csr1000Vswcfg/csroverview.html#pgfId-1081607

Hope that helps,

Nick