cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deploying 2x Cisco CSR in AWS in High Availability in multiple AZs

mthomaz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. I'm trying to deploy a High Availability CSR setup in AWS. 

The goal is to deploy 2x CSRs in different AZs, then attach Public and Private subnets to that CSR. Each subnet must be created in a different AZ for HA purposes.

Also, that is a requirement for me, as I'll be deploying an ELB later one which requires at least 2x AZs.

At the moment I am creating 2x Public Subnets and 2x Private Subnets. However, they are in the same AZ. If I create a Network interface in a different AZ than the CSR, I won't be able to attach it to the CSR.

This is the expected result:

CISCO CSR #1 ap-southeast-2a

Public-NetworkInterface-1 ap-southeast-2a

Public-NetworkInterface-2 ap-southeast-2b

Private-NetworkInterface-1 ap-southeast-2a

Private-NetworkInterface-2 ap-southeast-2b

Private-NetworkInterface-3 ap-southeast-2c

CISCO CSR #2 ap-southeast-2b

Public-NetworkInterface-1 ap-southeast-2a

Public-NetworkInterface-2 ap-southeast-2b

Private-NetworkInterface-1 ap-southeast-2a

Private-NetworkInterface-2 ap-southeast-2b

Private-NetworkInterface-3 ap-southeast-2c

Reading this online documentation, I can see it is possible to do what I'm aiming to. However, it does not say how to do it.

Does anybody know if it is possible to do that? if not, do you guys have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

arobotti
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi @mthomaz.
People may not be seeing this question because you've posted it as a document, rather than a discussion. If you post it on the Enterprise Networking board, you may get more responses. If you've figured it out, a follow-up would be great - I'm sure you're not the only one with this question!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: