cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passphrase required in this AWS-Cisco test drive

news2010a
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, I am following the instructions to logon onto the Cisco CSR1000v as outlined in the document below.

Following the step 2, page 6:

https://cisco.orbitera.com/c2m/customer/testDrives/index?PHPSESSID=hlgjpmrhlsmp9hefpbq9bnb727

I attempt to connect to the router, but I am being asked a passphrase. I don't see any passphrase given in the document.

Anyone can indicate where I can get this passphrase?

Connection closed by 52.34.74.81
ubuntu@ubuntu-virtual-machine:/tmp$ ssh -i CSRRouterKey.pem ec2-user@52.34.74.81

Enter passphrase for key 'CSRRouterKey.pem':

Step 2 Open your SSH client (for example, Putty on Windows or Terminal on Macintosh) to access the CSR 1000V console. Type: ssh –i <keypair filename path>ec2-user@<CSR1 public IP address>

Username-ec2-user

CSR1 public IP address- a copy of the IP address is sent to your email.

Note: If you are using Mac or Linux, you may need to change the key pair file permissions by typing "chmod 600 CSRRouterKey.pem"

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using your Amazon key pair that you downloaded from the Amazon EC2 console?  If you are if you should not be asking you for a passphrase.  It sounds like you might be using a different key pair.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you using your Amazon key pair that you downloaded from the Amazon EC2 console?  If you are if you should not be asking you for a passphrase.  It sounds like you might be using a different key pair.

Correct. It seems some garbage character got on the way when I pasted the key. Once I pointed the downloaded file directly, no passphrase was required. Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: