cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAGE GREETERS

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Page greeters are virtual personas that appear the first time you visit a Webpage to explain a technology, product line, or solution. For example, the first time you visit the Cisco TelePresence solutions page, Cisco Chairman and CEO John Chambers greets you.

See It in Action

What do you think about the page greeter concept? Is it useful? Are there places on Cisco.com where you would like to see it? Do you think the idea should evolve into something different? Do you think this pilot should be dropped? Discuss it now.

8 Replies 8

Kevin Dorrell
Level 10
Level 10

Sorry, but I do not like it at all! Perhaps this is a cultural issue. I hope they will be optional.

Kevin Dorrell

Luxembourg

bvsnarayana03
Level 5
Level 5

yes, its a great concept. Lot many times a 15 - 20 sec video speaks more than equal pages of information. & This is extremely helpful in presenting solutions to the management & client.

Infact I've seen cisco doing it in many of the public conferences.

gglynn
Level 1
Level 1

I'm going to have to agree with Kevin and say that I intensely dislike this.

I agree with Kevin. It's annoying.

I'm with Kevin. I want it to be optional as it is annoying.

i think that this would be only optional, i would hate to get this every time i get into a page or every time i clear my cookies and have someone telling me about the product, if this would be just a link that says "if you want to know more" and explain it's a little video it would work better than pushing this to everyone that looks into the page

javalenc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When I click the link I was looking for it. I thought it's something like those primitive page greeters (that I have to read), even move my face near the monitor as I'm wearing eyeglasses. Suddenly a video of a person appears and start talking (my headphone is loud as I just playing AAO).

Man that startles me!

I don't like it at all. Not only annoying, it could be hazardous to those with heart problem :)

No offence :)

IlkkaPeltola
Level 1
Level 1

I do like them. However, they absolutely should be optional. Most often I browse trough pages fairly quickly and am not interested in listening a that kind of introduction. Also, although a small group, there are those who browse the net using either low-speed or pay-per-byte connections.

I still believe that this is the way web pages and services will be introduced some time in the future, so I don't think they should be left out altogether. They are nice and once people will get used to them, people won't get creeped out but instead might even expect them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links