Views
Helpful
Replies

sh led also on low end routers

j.kas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

If I remember correctly it was possible to lit up led's on a GSR router...(12k) through the cli remotely....

Here comes perhaps a strange or odd request for lower end type of routers (and possible also switches)

Would it be possible to have a command in the Cisco IOS, to light up any light emitting diode’s in a certain fashion? So field engineers know for sure they are hitting the right spot when they are looking for equipment in particular area’s?

Cheers

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello all,

If I remember correctly it was possible to lit up led's on a GSR router...(12k) through the cli remotely....

Here comes perhaps a strange or odd request for lower end type of routers (and possible also switches)

Would it be possible to have a command in the Cisco IOS, to light up any light emitting diode’s in a certain fashion? So field engineers know for sure they are hitting the right spot when they are looking for equipment in particular area’s?

Cheers

Hi,

Yes you are right  Show led is used to display the current status of all line card Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), use the show led EXEC command. 

show led [slot-number] but this command was introduced in realease 11.2(09)GSbut in small end routers you can usethe following commands to display and verify the hardware features, enter the following commands:

•show version—Displays the system hardware version; the installed software version; the names and sources of configuration files; the boot images; and the amount of installed DRAM, NVRAM, and flash memory.

•show diag—Lists and displays diagnostic information about the installed controllers, interface processors, and port adapters; typical examples are network modules, interface cards (VICs, WICs, HWICs), and advanced integration modules (AIMs).

Hope to help

Ganesh.H

Hello Ganesh,

Thanks for your reply, but what i ment was to light up the led's on low end routers up to 72k (or switches 3750 etc) for field engineers. Just to flash those led's so the field engineer knows he or she is physically looking at the correct box.

cheers

Hello Ganesh,

Thanks for your reply, but what i ment was to light up the led's on low end routers up to 72k (or switches 3750 etc) for field engineers. Just to flash those led's so the field engineer knows he or she is physically looking at the correct box.

cheers

Hi,

I am afraid that in low end router to support for show led is not there as that supports and was introduce in specific ios series,but anyway for your query and for troubleshooting purpose enggineer can check the full status of the switch via show environment but i agree it wont light up any led in routers.

Hope to help

If helpful do rate the valuble post

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links