Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
Jeffrey Foster
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The following System Center Operations Manager Management Packs are available for download from Cisco:

Cisco UCS Management Pack Suite for Microsoft System Center 2012, Operations Manager (version 4.1.2)

Software Downloads:

(Above link requires cisco.com login)

Documentation links:

Video documentation links:

Details related to previous versions of Cisco UCS Manager and IMC Management Packs are as follows:

Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack v3.1.2 for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager:

Cisco IMC Management Pack v1.2(1) for Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager:

External customers - For any issues, contact Cisco TAC (highly recommended for quick resolution) or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities. Send your suggestions for new features to ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com.

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-scom@cisco.com for support questions and ucs-msft-plugins@cisco.com for roadmap questions, new feature requests and feedback.

Comments
amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phillip,

As of today, there is no known caveat on Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack v3.0.2 about Management Service wouldn't start. Please explain us the scenario under which Management Service stopped working for you, this will help us to reproduce/improve for our future versions of Management Pack.

For now we would suggest a complete clean-up of current version and a fresh install of Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack v3.1.1, please follow the steps below:

1. Un-install the current Management Pack, refer to the link below: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/sw/msft_tools/scom/scom_3-0/scom_3-0_user_guide/scom_3_0_userguide/scom_3_0_installation.html#pgfId-1067602

2. Make sure the following folders are empty, if not, manually empty the folder

· C:\ProgramData\Cisco\UCSM

· C:\Program Files\Cisco\Cisco UCS Management Pack

Perform this operation on all the computers where the installer was run to install the Management Pack or Cisco UCS Management Service.

3. Install Cisco UCS Management Pack v3.1.1

4. Add all the UCS Domain for monitoring from "Add Monitoring Wizard".

Please let us know any further questions/queries/feedback..

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

phillip-slusar
Community Member

Hi Amit,

I have followed your instructions but again the services fails on installation.

Would it be easier for me to raise this as a case? I have created a problem steps recorder file to show what is exactly going on.

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Phillip,

Yes, please go ahead a raise a case with Cisco support team here:

Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco Systems

bcompono1
Community Member

I'm trying to remove UCS management pack 2.6 so I can install management pack 3.1.  I keep getting dependency errors for three unsealed management packs that I have that are used for overrides and ad hoc created service monitors.  As far as I know none of the three unsealed management packs refer or have any UCS functions within the scope of any of their contents.  What can I look for to help figure out where the dependency is coming from so I can upgrade the UCS MP?

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob,

For installing v3.1, you will require to entirely clean all components and dependencies for v2.6. You will have to re-create the adhoc components after installing v3.1 ( in case you still need them in v3.1).

But, I would also like to understand what kind of ad-hoc monitors and overrides you have created on top of v2.6. This might help us in improving the user experience for our future releases...

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

bcompono1
Community Member

There are three custom, unsealed management packs that have somehow become dependent on the ucs mp. One of them contain three custom monitors. Each of them have a target of windows computers and each of them are a basic windows service monitor that watch a service to make sure it is running. Each of them are not enabled and there is an override for each enabling the monitor for the single computer the service runs on. That's one example. The other two are larger and are used for custom monitors and just general overrides. One is for windows server OS overrides and monitors the other also has only three rules that gather performance metrics from the vmtools application running on our vm's, fm memory ballooning, vm memory used, and vm processor time.

Would it work to export the three management packs, delete 2.6, and reimport the three management packs?

Sent from my iPad

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Bob,

To answer your question, we might have to take a look at your setup... please get in touch with our support team to get help on this..

Please go ahead a raise a case with Cisco support team here:

Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco Systems

Thanks,

Amit Kumar

saravanakumars1
Community Member

Hi,

I am planning to upgrade my CISCO UCS MP from version 3.0.2.0 to 3.1.1.0. I have two Management servers where CISCO Management service are running . So during the MP upgrade do I need to run the setup both Management servers or one server which will upgrade service? Also, I noticed in my test lab after upgrading the MP version I do see in SCOM console that MP version is changed, but on the management server CISCO service version did not changed, instead of that only modified date got changed.

Could you please help me on above query. Since there is no information in the MP guide.

Thanks,

Saravanakumar

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saravanakumar,

You will have to run the installer on both the Management Servers and choose to "Upgrade"...

Regarding your query "but on the management server CISCO service version did not changed, instead of that only modified date got changed.", Please help us understand, was the v3.1.1 installer run on the same Management Server to upgrade from previous version? Also, please let us know, where did you check the Cisco Service version and modified date...

-Amit Kumar

saravanakumars1
Community Member

Thanks Amit, for your reply.

I have checked the CISCO UCS Management Service from the task manager ( on the SCOM Management server) , attached the screenshot for your reference.

After running the upgrade v3.1.1 :

Before Upgrade v3.0.

Thanks,

Saravanakumar.S

HP SCOM Support

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Saravanakumar,

I am not able to find any attached screenshot to you response..

Assuming MS01 and MS02 are the two Management Server on which you have installed the Management Service of Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack v3.0.. please elaborate on the steps taken to upgrade the Management Service on both the Machines...

You can also raise a case with Cisco support team here:

-Amit Kumar

mrloddo01
Community Member

Hi all,

I've configured SCOM2012R2 for Hyper-v Test environment. All servers is running on UCS. I've installed the MP 3.1.1 and I'm able to see all alerts and object under "Cisco Unified Computing System".

My question is: is there a way to correlate UCS Service Profiles or Blades with Windows Computer class?

Thanks

Marco

amimanda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Marco,

Unfortunately, Cisco UCS Manager Management Pack Release 3.1.1 does not have such a functionality to map the Service Profiles and Servers to Windows Computer objects in Operations Manager.

Thanks for your query, we will try to accommodate it in one of our future releases...

Please do keep sharing your feedback about our products, will certainly help us to improve further...

-Amit Kumar

mikedunphy
Community Member

There seems to be a bug in the installer in which it doesn't recognize admin rights by nested group assignment. It didn't install until I used an account with explicit local admin group assignment.

Calling custom action Cisco.Ucsm.MP.CustomAction!Cisco.Ucsm.MP.CustomAction.CustomActions.CheckUserPermission

: Method = CheckUserPermission: Begin CustomAction: CheckUserPermission

: Method = CheckUserPermission: User is <username removed>

: Method = CheckUserPermission: Its a domain user. Retrieving domain context now.

: Method = CheckUserPermission: Successfully retrieved domain context.

: Method = CheckUserPermission: Successfully retrieved user principal from context.

: Method = CheckUserPermission: Successfully retrieved authorization groups for the user.

: Method = CheckUserPermission: Exception. There is no such object on the server.

Exception: There is no such object on the server.

reswaran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mike,

What is the version of the management pack that you are using?

-Ravikumar

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links