Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Cisco UCS PowerTool Core suite is a set of PowerShell Core modules for Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IMC and Cisco UCS Central that helps in configuration and management of Cisco UCS domains and solutions.

Cisco UCS PowerTool Core Suite is developed using PowerShell Core and .NET Core to support running PowerTool on Linux Operating Systems and Docker Containers. This release of the PowerTool Core is built on top of the PowerShell 6.1.1 release. Refer to PowerShell Git-Hub site for detailed instructions on installing PowerShell on the supported operating systems of your choice.

For instructions on installing and getting started with UCS PowerTool Core Suite refer to the document attached to this post.

For module specific documentation refer to Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite - PowerShell Modules for Cisco UCS Manager, Cisco IMC, UCS Central

External customers - For any queries/feedback on PowerTool, contact Cisco TAC or ucs-powertool@cisco.com or add a discussion to the Cisco Developed Integrations sub-space on Cisco UCS Communities

We are also on Slack - slack requires registration, but the cisco-ucs-powertool channel on powershell team is open invitation to anyone to register here. Once you join the powershell slack team you can join cisco-ucs-powertool channel here

Internal (Cisco) customers and employees - Contact us at ucs-powertool@cisco.comucs-powertool@cisco.comfor support questions and ask-ucs-tme@cisco.com or ask-ucs-pm@cisco.com for roadmap questions and feedback.

Comments
f.grimaldi
Level 1
Level 1
Hello, I’m have a problem connecting to UCS Manager using PowerTools Core on Microsoft PowerShell version 6.1. When I attempt to connect to UCS using this environment, I get the following error message: “connect-ucs : The requested security protocol is not supported”. Connections work in UCS PowerShell version 5.1 with no problems. I have searched the forums and internet and no one else seems to have posted anything on this topic. My UCSM is configured to allow connections on port 80, but redirect to 443. We use our own root CA and UCSM uses a certificate signed by that enterprise root CA. I have tried different settings on UCS; disabling http, allowing only TLS12, forcing the client and UCSM to use TLS12 only, etc., but still the connection fails. Can you please give me advice as to what type of security setup is required on the connecting workstation and UCSM to allow connections to occur?
rdmarsyla
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running into the same problem as mentioned above concerning 'Connect-Ucs'.

My current PSCore version is as follows:

PS /root> $PSVersionTable

Name                           Value
----                           -----
PSVersion                      6.2.1
PSEdition                      Core
GitCommitId                    6.2.1
OS                             Linux 4.9.125-linuxkit #1 SMP Fri Sep 7 08:20:28 UTC 2018
Platform                       Unix
PSCompatibleVersions           {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion      2.3
SerializationVersion           1.1.0.1
WSManStackVersion              3.0

My PowerTool details is as follows:

root@8e5394ad3d96:~# pwsh -NoExit -File ~/.local/share/powershell/Modules/Start-UcsPowerTool.ps1
PowerShell 6.2.1
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

https://aka.ms/pscore6-docs
Type 'help' to get help.

Loading personal and system profiles took 680ms.
          Welcome to Cisco UCS PowerTool Core Suite 2.5.1.6 Beta

Log in to a UCS Manager Domain:                                         Connect-Ucs
To generate PowerShell code from a running UCS Manager GUI:             ConvertTo-UcsCmdlet
To show object metadata for all UCS PowerTool commands:                 Get-UcsCmdletMeta

Log in to an IMC of standalone UCS server:                              Connect-Imc
Generate PowerShell code from a running IMC of standalone UCS server:   ConvertTo-ImcCmdlet
Show object metadata for all IMC PowerTool cmdlets:                     Get-ImcCmdletMeta

Log in to a UCS Central server:                                         Connect-UcsCentral
To generate PowerShell code from a running UCS Central GUI:             ConvertTo-UcsCentralCmdlet
To show object metadata for all UCS Central PowerTool commands:         Get-UcsCentralCmdletMeta
Once you've connected, display the details of active session(s):        Get-UcsPSSession

If you need more help, visit the UCS PowerTool user community:          https://communities.cisco.com/ucsintegrations

The error I'm hitting

PS /root> connect-ucs site1-fi.xxx.xxx.xxx

cmdlet Connect-Ucs at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
Credential
User: admin
Password for user admin: *********

connect-ucs : The requested security protocol is not supported.
At line:1 char:1
+ connect-ucs site1-fi.xxx.xxx.xxx
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Connect-Ucs], NotSupportedException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Cisco.Ucsm.Cmdlets.ConnectUcs

dsoper
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 4.0(4) versions of UCS Manager and IMC firmware have been validated with the 2.5.1.6 modules.  Connection issues may be from older versions of .NET.  If you have issues with the modules, please let us know the FW versions and following versions in use: 

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\ucspowertoolcore> $psversiontable

Name Value
---- -----
PSVersion 6.2.3
PSEdition Core
GitCommitId 6.2.3
OS Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
Platform Win32NT
PSCompatibleVersions {1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0…}
PSRemotingProtocolVersion 2.3
SerializationVersion 1.1.0.1
WSManStackVersion 3.0

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\ucspowertoolcore> get-module cisco.ucsmanager

ModuleType Version Name ExportedCommands
---------- ------- ---- ----------------
Binary 2.5.1.6 cisco.ucsmanager {Add-UcsAaaEpUser, Add-UcsAaaOrg, Add-UcsAdaptorCapQualifica…

PS C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\ucspowertoolcore> (Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full")

CBS : 1
Install : 1
InstallPath : C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\
Release : 461814
Servicing : 0
TargetVersion : 4.0.0
Version : 4.7.03190
PSPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework
Setup\NDP\v4\Full
PSParentPath : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry::HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4
PSChildName : Full
PSDrive : HKLM
PSProvider : Microsoft.PowerShell.Core\Registry

PJ Guibord
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting errors just trying to connect:

PS C:\Program Files\PowerShell\6> connect-ucs 10.252.252.122

cmdlet Connect-Ucs at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
Credential
User: Santa.Clause
Password for user Santa.Clause: *************

connect-ucs : The requested security protocol is not supported.
At line:1 char:1
+ connect-ucs 10.252.252.122
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Connect-Ucs], NotSupportedException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Cisco.Ucsm.Cmdlets.ConnectUcs

I have PS version (6.2.3) and UCS PowerTools (2.5.2.2)

Any suggestions/fixes?

Ghufz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

PowerToolSuite V2.5.2.2 is available only for windows PowerShell.

For PowerShell core use the version 2.5.1.6 form the community. 

PowerToolCore V 2.5.2.2 will be available for PowerShell core in coming weeks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links