Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
joemar
Level 4
Level 4

This script allows a bulk load of VLANs via a CSV file into a single or multiple UCS domains.  The ZIP file contains a sample file.  Script can run interactively or silently via command line parameters.

v0.1.01 - Initial version

v0.1.02 - Updated to validate the VLAN CSV file

v0.1.03 - Updated to check for overlaps of VLAN names and numbers against existing UCS domain(s)

Comments
TechGeek
Level 1
Level 1

Joe, thank you so much for this script, it is a life saver!

I made some modifications to it and the CSV, so now after it creates the VLANs they are then added to the appropriate port-channels on the FI's as well!

joemar
Level 4
Level 4

That's fantastic to hear.  Glad it helped you and you were able to customize it for your specific requirements.  Take care!

mbrigeotLux
Community Member

Hi Joe!

Thanks a lot for the script! It also helped me a lot!

I do not know if it is related to the last version of PowerTool Suite but I had to modify the PowerShell Module that the script is looking for.

Import-Module ciscoUcsPs

To

Import-Module Cisco.Ucs.Core

- I also update the search condition ($Modules -like "Cisco.Ucs.Core") -

The script worked like a charm with this minor correction. Let me know if it is right or not (I see that there is a Cisco.UCSManager module also loaded).

Best,

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Maxence

The UCS PowerTool module names are changed in UCS PowerTool Suite 2.0.1 release. You need to update the script to use the new module names.  You need to change the module name to Cisco.UCSManager

The following table lists the module name changes in this release:

Previous Module Name

New Module Name

CiscoUcsCentralPS

Cisco.UCSCentral

CiscoImcPS

Cisco.IMC

CiscoUcsPS

Cisco.UCSManager

Thanks,

Sumanth.

mbrigeotLux
Community Member

Hi Sumanth!

Thanks for the table! That was exactly my interrogation when I changed the verification to the Ucs.Core module. So now I know that I should check for the UCSManager instead (or maybe both?)

Maybe a new release of the script can be uploaded? > joemar ?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Ok, the Module Names change was described in the Release Notes, sorry to have missed that!

vmadalik
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Team,

This is a great script - what would i do - to just list the VLANs in the domains?

No central/Director in the Customer ecosystem.

sumbr
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Vishwajeeth,

You can use the below cmdlet to get the VLANs available in the UCS Domain.

Get-UcsVlan- To get all the fabric level VLANs

Get-UcsAdaptorVlan - To get the VLANs configured on a particular Ethernet interface

Thanks,

Sumanth

venkatevt
Level 1
Level 1

is there a way i can get that what ever VLANs are in above script i want to test that all VLANS able to respond to ping or so some testing kind of??

mark-shannon
Level 1
Level 1

great script it's helped a lot :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links